So...how much would you pay?

877 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ZachSettle 
#1 ·
How much should I pay?
The price is right on!17.14%
Go lower...less than $2,500642.86%
Go lower...less than $2,000750.00%

#2 ·
Hey everyone. My name is Zach, I'm dieing to buy a CRX and I've found a few around central Florida, and this is the best one...the guy wants $2800 for it...but how much would you pay? Pictures below...

'89 HF w/ SI Drivetrain
80,XXX miles
No sun roof
No A/C
No power steering
Comes with a head unit/amp/1 Farad Cap
Distributor/Main Relay are working well
Some bad body spots on the driver's side...couldn't see any rust

So how much would you pay for it? I was looking for power steering, a sun roof, and A/C. I'll settle if you guys think this is a good deal or I should ask lower on the price.

#4 ·
ZachSettle said:
I was looking for power steering, a sun roof, and A/C.
If you want power steering...unless you modify the car to have power steering, you're not going to find it.

If you want Sun Roof, you want a DX (some had them) or an SI (all had them).

#5 ·
looks like its has been resprayed, so it could be hiding some bad body issues.like the one behind the rear drivers side wheel, and the seat are a little concern(can't tell with the covers).. but in FLA, you can get these all day.. My uncle sends me listings from Orlando to Tampa all the time and some of them I'd love to be able to get and hord them... really its not bad, I'd try to get well below the 2500.00 mark if you can..my .02... good luck!!

#10 ·
What the F are those seats. It looks like he ripped of something from a message chair and hoped it looked good on there. Price for it seems almost worth the rest of the car though. I like the wheels too, their like blades.

#15 ·
@haluska What dou mean? No CRXs came with power steering? Or have most people removed it for the sake of weight/racing?

@rexy Yeah, I thought it looked repainted myself. Luckily it was probably black from the factor, since the engine bay/door jams were the same color...or someone went the extra mile on a paint job. Actually there are quite a few CRXs in Tampa that are worth taking a look at, but I would hate to make the drive and return empty handed.

@stevethecat No, that is probably the worst seat cover ever. :D

@downest & For anyone interested, I'm in the Navy and I'm stationed in Jacksonville, but am originally from Sanford, FL. (Which is a few minutes north of Orlando). I commute home on the weekends to Orlando to see family and friends. Anyone have a CRX for sale? I've got $3,000 cash.

@Laure He said that the only thing the A/C needed was the condensor, which I've installed before on a prelude, so wouldn't be hard for me to fix. The wheels are from Enkei and are limited edition. I believe the were featured in most of the Need for Speed video games.

@ Everyone who posted Thank you all for the quick response and helpful opinions...I thought I wouldn't hear from the forum, at least for a few days! This makes me even more excited about buying a CRX. Again, thanks so much.

#16 ·
No CRX had factory power steering on this continent. The car has definitely been repainted, and there are two fundamental concepts that point me in that direction. The first, is that black was not offered on HF models, and second, the dash is still blue. Honda only put blue interior in blue and white rexes, with the exception of a white Si.

Take a look in the driver's door jamb, at the sticker above the latch. That sticker has the code for the factory paint color, looks like it says B-47M (Superior Blue Metallic).

#17 ·
jfrolang said:
No CRX had factory power steering on this continent. The car has definitely been repainted, and there are two fundamental concepts that point me in that direction. The first, is that black was not offered on HF models, and second, the dash is still blue. Honda only put blue interior in blue and white rexes, with the exception of a white Si.

Take a look in the driver's door jamb, at the sticker above the latch. That sticker has the code for the factory paint color, looks like it says B-47M (Superior Blue Metallic).
Yeah I would have to agree... it definitely says B-47M. That's awesome that you were able to pick that out. Well now that I know that CRX's didn't come with power steering on this continent, I can cross that off my discrepency list. Ah, and I definitely don't like the blue dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.