Honda CRX Forum banner

Remove and assimilate the How-To forum?

• YES!

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • don't care, I know everything already anyway.

Votes: 6 12.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

[POLL CLOSED] re-structuring the How To forum

8K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  downest 
#1 ·
We've been doing some administrative stuff with the new mods and such, and as I've been placed in charge of the technical forums, I would like to clean up a bit to make the site more smooth for members looking for technical information. I would like to propose removing the "How To" forum section completely, moving all topics to their appropriate technical forums and linking them in the FAQ. I personally find that forum to be outdated and a bad fit with the rest of the site, it was made long before the FAQs for each section were implemented. I feel that this structure would not only streamline the forum, but also encourage new members and even older members to use the FAQs, as well as keep all related material (modification, stock, electronics etc) in the same forum, rather than having good articles in a place that some people may not look. Of course, I don't want to make a major change and piss off the majority of the community, so we are going to vote!

#10 ·
I voted yes as well, Ive referenced the faqs much more than the how to section.

#12 ·
I voted No because the individual FAQ does not obviously imply the location of any given How-To. FAQ sections often contain forum rules and trivial info, and may be passed up by the visitor or newb looking for specific info.

A dedicated How-To forum is a no-brainer for someone looking for specific solutions to problems.

Spreading the information base across numerous forums and placing them among the "stickys" may prove tedious for impatient searchers.

:blah:

#13 ·
Legit Motorsports said:
So would each section i.e. stock garage have it's own thread of how to's with links? so stock garage-how to's- change oil. Is that what you're thinking or would each how to be it's own thread you'd have to seach for individually?
Yes that's how it would work, they have already been there for years.

#14 ·
I voted yes. Everytime I see someone asking something that was already answered/covered before I always post the link, and its always from the FAQ.

Good call, and yes the FAQ have always been there.

I also agree with spastik, to save all pictures in the server somehow. There are a few good how to's that teh pics are not available anymore. :)b

#16 ·
JDMCrx91 said:
I like the How To where it is now.One click and theres all the How To's without clicking on stock,mod,or other faq's.
That makes no sense, it's disorganized and misplaced.
By breaking down and putting a particular "How To" in it's appropriate section makes more sense as well as cleans and organizes the forum a little bit better.
Ppl need to look more at the FAQ sections in each sub forum anyway.

#17 ·
Yes these howe to's need to be more organized into their proper sections it would make it so more easier to find what you are looking for. and delete sum of these F/S threads that hae the item sold or no activity instead of locking them and letting them fall off. Just a suggestion.

#18 ·
spastik said:
Restructure and host image files on the server. :)b
:)b ..Agreed...I hate,hate,HATE looking up an older tech thread only to see that the included pics are no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.