Honda CRX Forum banner

Free Recaro seats??? LOL!!!

15K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  gabrielsousa 
#1 ·
Let me start off by saying I guess it is true that it doesn't hurt to ask. I work in the movie prop business and this week I got a great gift from my boss. I was working in one of the buildings just putting stuff back in there place and cleaning up when I spot two car seats on a shelf. They were really dusty, but they look pretty cool. They had no name on the seats so I thought the were knock offs of Sparco or Bride seats. I've seen replica seats go for a couple hundred for the pair. So I decide to ask my boss if he wants to sell them to me. I ask if he would take $80 for them and he told me free would be asking too much!(I know what your thinking, I'm a cheap ass! LOL) He told me to pull my car around the back and take them since they never rent out and they are taking up space.He told me that they came out of a car that was used in a movie and once the car was wrecked, he kept the parts that he thought were worth keeping.(lucky me) I was so happy and took these two pictures before I loaded them in my crx.

This is how I found them.

This is when it gets good. I get them home and I start cleaning them. I start looking for any markings that might say who made these seats or what car the might have been made for. Then I see this.

Ok, now think how I'm feeling right now as my brain lets me know that Recaro means MONEY! Hahaha I have always seen that name in super nice and expensive cars. I could never afford this brand, so I decide to really clean them up.

I notice that there was a string loose on one of the headrest. I look close and saw that the covers were sewn on and were not sewn on too good. So I decide to pull them off.

The site of the name made me go get clean boxers.LOL!

Here they are before the cleaning really started. I told you they were really dusty. The headrest covers kept the Recaro name from getting dirty.

Now after pictures with and without the headrest covers on the seats.

There was a spot on the side of one of the seats where someone got white paint on it. I fixed that problem with my trusty marker. Hahahaha :)b

Now here is my only problem, where do I find sliders and a base for both of them so they can be put in my 1991 crx HF? Does anyone know what these seats go for new? Let me know if you have a story about getting cool stuff for really cheap or free. Thank you for reading this topic and for any help on the parts I need to make these fit in my crx. Have a good night everyone. Sam

See less See more
#5 ·
SR71CRX said:
Now here is my only problem, where do I find sliders and a base for both of them so they can be put in my 1991 crx HF? Does anyone know what these seats go for new?
I wouldn't call that a problem..... :lol: , finding sliders for you application should be easy, Recaros are popular enough to where it shouldn't be a problem!
eBay or Google search should help with your sliders and finding what these seats go for.

That's some great luck you've got!

#6 ·
Baker said:
SR71CRX said:
Now here is my only problem, where do I find sliders and a base for both of them so they can be put in my 1991 crx HF? Does anyone know what these seats go for new?
I wouldn't call that a problem..... :lol: , finding sliders for you application should be easy, Recaros are popular enough to where it shouldn't be a problem!
eBay or Google search should help with your sliders and finding what these seats go for.

That's some great luck you've got!
Thank you guys for all the nice comments. I can't wait to install these seats. They are pretty light and that is one thing I love about my HF. I will have a brand new Sparco Torino 2 seat in black with slider and lumbar support for sale really soon. I don't need it anymore since I got these now. :bounce:

#12 ·
geeeeze :) nice that they're in great shape AND lightweight - the ones i have are HEAVY - like 2x heavier apiece than stock seats fo sho. i'll be putting them in a FS thread someday...but if they were like the ones you found, maybe i'd consider holding onto them :D

#13 ·
88CrexSi said:
DAMN!!! Did you notice how they make it sound like $700 is nothing for just one seat?

The RECARO Speed combines sporting design and optimum lateral hold at an introductory price. For drivers with sporting ambitions who still insist on comfort.

Thank God my boss gave me Recaro's cheap seats!!! :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.