Honda CRX Forum banner

Mugen Spoiler brackets?

44K views 123 replies 34 participants last post by  ModifiedEF 
#1 ·
Does anyone happen to know anywhere to get brackets or a mugen wing or perhaps a writeup on how to make them? It's the wing that sits flush with the hatch and curves down the sides. Thanks for any info I've seen a few posts about it on here but none that had any answers.

#2 ·
Good luck with that.I got a real mugen spoiler but its missing the brackets. I been looking for them for 2 years and still nothing lol. I asked here and someone said they would make me some but never did :(
NOW, i got some brackets but they are the ones that come with the wing west replica spoiler. I dont use them cause they look weak and i just want the oem ones.

#5 ·
Sorry I have not seen this sooner.
I just acquired a new job and I have access to a full metal shop... I will try and make 2 sets....
when I get them made here(i'll ask to use the metal brake here at work)...and make a couple of sets...

#7 ·
Nice!!!!Finally i get install it.Let us know when they be ready. Also,I met this guy in honda tech that needs the brackets too, so i think you should make more..you could sell them there or ebay.

#9 ·
I'm on it....They will be well made too....I'm on the hunt locally for a sheet of stainless steel so they will not rust!.....
If you guys don't hear back from me in 7 days blow up my pm box... :D
As soon as I find a suitable sheet of SS Its ON! :)b

#10 ·
ollie said:
I'm on it....They will be well made too....I'm on the hunt locally for a sheet of stainless steel so they will not rust!.....
Just let us know the price Ollie. And again I really appreciate you taking the time to make them.

#11 ·
kinq said:
ollie said:
Just let us know the price Ollie. And again I really appreciate you taking the time to make them.
x2 man pricate it

#12 ·
NP guys...yeah sorry JDMCrx91....I got layed off and "things" just got sidetracked...
As soon as I get a price from my metal shop at work I'll have an idea on the cost...
..AND as soon as I get the first set made up I can snap a couple of pics..I'll give you guys a shipped price so there is no guessing.....ok?

#14 ·
TPZVTECREX said:
interested aswell whats the update on the brackets guys :)b
It's been a day, give him a little more time....

ollie said:
As soon as I get a price from my metal shop at work I'll have an idea on the cost...
..AND as soon as I get the first set made up I can snap a couple of pics..I'll give you guys a shipped price so there is no guessing.....ok?

#15 ·
Some info here...

http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpbb2/view ... er+bracket

-----------------
mango said:
I just took these photos and did the sketch of the brackets that often seem to be missing from mugen spoilers, ie the piece that attaches to the bootlid, for the fella that bought my surplus kit and thought I may aswell post them for anyone else they might help. :)

The dimensioned sketch is traced around my actual brackets, now whether the two sides that aren't parallel here are supposed to be I don't know, both of mine are splayed similarly so maybe they are supposed to be like that

There's another bracket which attaches to the spoiler that these pull against, mine are still attached to my spoiler, so I'm assuming that's how most people find themselves.. with brackets on the spoiler but missing these ones.

However, in the interests of completeness I'll do the other ones when I get a chance.

Hope that helps :D

#16 ·
More info...

http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpBB2/view ... hp?t=70537

forb said:
A few people have asked for these so i thought Id post them up...

Made from 2mm steel.

As the photos show there is a slight angle to the triangular parts of the brackets, would probably be best to bend this in to suit your car.

The U shaped pieces screw to the back of the spoiler, then the larger bracket clamps the U bracket/spoiler to the back of the tailgate.

Then a self tapper secures to the side of the tailgate.

Would be wise to position the spoiler using sticky back foam in place before attaching brackets.

pics:

HTH :D

#18 ·
Thanks g4 your measurements have been most helpful...
One prototype down 1 to go. :)b

Now all my brackets will be stainless and have quality hardware(i.e. 4mm hex screws,button head screw)

#20 ·
ollie said:

Now all my brackets will be stainless and have quality hardware(i.e. 4mm hex screws,button head screw)
Can't wait to see them and, more importantly, use them.

#23 ·
ollie said:

So I guess I should pay you for your spoiler then I can get some brackets too!?!?! :)

Hey man~ I'm glad to hear things are picking up!

#24 ·
azulito said:
ollie said:

So I guess I should pay you for your spoiler then I can get some brackets too!?!?! :)

Hey man~ I'm glad to hear things are picking up!
Well I did wonder if I was ever going to see any cash-ola from a certain friend.. :wink: :lol:

Anyhow guys....I could not find a suitable section at work so I had to buy a sheet of 304 Stainless online....its on its way to my place..as soon as it gets here,I'll get it rolling ..I ordered it today so I figure 4 business days and I should have it.
When it is done I'll post up and get them out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.