Honda CRX Forum banner

Yep, another new guy...

3K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  DarksydeDragun 
#1 ·
I've been lurking here for a while and figured I'd finally post now that I finally picked up my CRX. It's in pretty rough shape right now, but considering I only paid $200 for a running 88 Si I can't really complain too much :wink:. My brother bought this car from the cousin of one of his co-workers, sold it to our cousin, who sold it to a friend of ours, who sold it to me. The car is orginally Y-49, but won't be staying that color. Anyway, enough babbling, on to the pics!

See less See more
#10 ·
apparently he never read the thread about the guy that changed the color of his y49 maby he should talk to the guy....... o wait he cant cuz the guy is ....... no just playin but really ppl on here will hunt u down if you change to color. its one of those things if ur car is y49 you can only paint it y49 if it were any other cotor it wont matter but if u ewant to paing ur car y 49 that is ok but you must paint the whole car. Yea its allot of rules and stuff but if yu look around on here you will find what u need. Basically if you paing ur car anu other color than y49 it will rust like you wont believe.

#15 ·
At the end of the day, its in your driveway... so paint it whatever you want... just know that Y-49's are so few and far between and RARE. Just sayin. Goodluck with your build! :)b

#20 ·
ok, sorry I haven't posted since I made the thread. haven't really done anything to the car since I got it as I moved 400 miles from Washington to Oregon not too long after buying the car. right now I'm looking for some front end parts so I can start putting the car back together. anyone know where I can find fenders for a decent price? or want to sell me some 88-89 fenders? the cheapest I've been able to find has been $150-200 each.

#21 ·
DarksydeDragun said:
ok, sorry I haven't posted since I made the thread. haven't really done anything to the car since I got it as I moved 400 miles from Washington to Oregon not too long after buying the car. right now I'm looking for some front end parts so I can start putting the car back together. anyone know where I can find fenders for a decent price? or want to sell me some 88-89 fenders? the cheapest I've been able to find has been $150-200 each.
Just fyi all fenders are the same, the only difference are the plastic clips where the corner lights attach. If you can't find fenders on here, try ebay.

#22 ·
well, not really much to report. unfortunately our move to oregon is not working out and we're going to be moving back to washington in a few months, so other than a fender, corner lights, and bumper lights to make it street legal, the crx won't be getting much attention for a while longer. so far the only thing i've really done was change the plugs and valve cover gasket with the spark plug tube seals. went over to the in-laws to fire it up and move it to my house and discovered it was only running on 1 or 2 cylinders. i had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running and it sounded absolutely horrid. so i shut it down and pulled the plugs out of the head. turns out 3 of them were so drenched in oil that they were almost dripping. ran to NAPA and got some new plugs, valve cover gasket and plug tube seals, popped em in, and now it runs perfect. and i finally got to drive it for the first time since i bought it! the little JDM d15b block with the stock a6 head really surprised me! i don't have any new pics, but i did find the ones that were taken on the move down.

and a few of my DA9 and my girls CB7

#23 ·
Welcome aboard.
the y49 curse demands you never change the color other than repaint the same y49. if you change the color, the car has a tendency to have bad things happen. I hate to sound spooky and mysterious, but the curse seems real enough. read up about it. google it. it's some scary stuff.

I wish you well in your travels back and forth. Sorry the move was only a short one. Hopefully you get back and get settled back in and can get to work making that rex as nice as your other two hondas. :)b

#24 ·
Thanks for the well wishes and compliment mithuth, unfortunately things didn't work out the way we wanted them to down here, but its not a total loss. It was nice to get a chance to live somewhere new for a while, but I'll be glad to get back to my hometown and all my friends and family. I'm hoping i'll be able to get my job at Takata, then the Rex and the teg will get some much needed attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.