Honda CRX Forum banner

Come peep my 91 DX! UPDATES ON PAGE 2, FINALLY!

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Mikescrx 
#1 ·
What's up everyone? I'm new to the community. I've always loved CRX's and I had a chance to purchase a completely stock one a few months ago as my first car. Body and interior were in GREAT shape! Everything you see on it that isnt stock has been added by me, the personal box, GTS solarwing, Si door panels, and gauge cluster, etc. Only thing that wasnt me was the wheels. Yeah I know its automatic, right now its not that big of a deal to me. Im not even great at driving stick yet, but anyway, here are the pics!

Future plans include getting some 15 inch wheels after winter, I really like GSR fat fives. I also know someone locally that's selling the stock Si 14 inch wheels, im considering it. That, and suspension, definetly think it would look better dropped. The clear corner lights are already in the mail on the way to my house! Somewhere down the line, I might want to paint it over in the same color, as well as the black plastic trim and weather strips.

See less See more
#7 ·

UPDATES: Nothing major. Finally got around to putting in the clear corner lights. Also found a pretty cool little LED light with a non smoking symbol on it to fit where the cigarette lighter goes. It goes well with the personal box, and the blue matches my radio and gauge cluster.

Kind of leaned away from Fat Fives, I think I want some blades instead. No rush, I have until spring to find me some, I just dont exactly know where to look. WOULD seriously consider swapping the car to manual, im just not exactly sure on how much time/money it would take, if anyone would care to let me know :)b

#9 ·

So my friend crashed his 90 CRX Si on sunday. He's alright for the most part, but his radiator support and front chassis are pretty bent, but the engine is in shape! His engine was a D16a8, its a ZC motor with DOHC. I dont know if I have the time or money for the swap right now, my other friend managed to give him 700 for the whole car though (minus the rims). If he ends up stocking the motor maybe i'll buy it off him later on.

What I did manage to buy from him though, are DLAA yellow fogs, Tokico Illumina shocks and struts, and a few interior pieces I needed. I might also pick up his center tail light with the fog on it. :)b

More pics once I get the fogs and suspension in, maybe hopefully even the tail light. Sucks that I couldn't do a swap...yet.

#11 ·
Finally put the DLAA fogs on it. While we were doing them, something important came up and I had to stop. After that, I was pretty busy for a while, so I was rolling around with 1 fog light on my car for a week, as you can see in the first picture! Anyway, I had plans to go buy some acura sunflower rims last friday, but the dude fronted on me and stopped answering my calls and texts on the same day. Im supposed to go buy a set this friday off of someone else, I hope he doesnt front too! I also included a quick picture of some suspension pieces, I have everything. After I get the wheels i'll do the suspension and update with more pictures.

#14 ·
Thanks guys. I just got back from meeting up with the dude in Queens. I picked up the acura sunflowers! Two of them have a bunch of minor surface scratches. I dont have pictures right now because its dark outside, but I plan on sanding them down and then hitting them with a fresh coat of paint. One of the tires is also pretty crappy, might pick up a new set of tires. Unfortunately, I have to wait to sand them down and paint them because its still pretty cold outside :( :(

You never found those center caps, right Baker?

#20 ·

They look really fresh in the picture only because the lighting in my garage SUCKS! I'll do some before and after pics when I sand them down and paint them. Unfortunately, like I said, I have to wait for the weather to warm up so the paint can settle the right way. If anyone has some small Honda center caps to fit in the centers, let me know! I'm looking to buy em. I plan on rocking them on the rims and also putting blue extended lug nuts on them.

http://www.quitsmoking.com/signs/cigarettelighterplug.htm

^That's where I ordered the no smoking LED light. It's only like 7 bucks plus a small shipping fee, took about a week to get to me. What I really like about it, is it goes well with the non smoking box, and the blue light matches the blue lights in my gauge cluster and radio.

Well I guess now I just have to wait until next month when it starts to warm up. Until then, the wheels and and suspension will just be chilling.

#24 ·
Great car man! I got a 91 DX Auto too 8)

#26 ·
woosh...I should post some updates to this thing later. I've added an oem lip, taken off the solarwing, replaced the windshield, the whole exhaust, repainted the windshield wiper arms, replaced the bumper turn signal housing (oem),and added trunk carpet. Plus some cab driver hit me in the city and he had to replace my whole fender. Nothing major though :)b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.