Honda CRX Forum banner

K20 swap?

7K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  jfrolang 
#1 ·
I'm new to engine swaps. I've been looking around at everyones swaps and i've started to wonder, how complicated would it be to swap a K20 with tranny out of an Si into a crx?

#6 ·
It actually isn't as bad as people think. I agree with with daveb91, as long as you have mounts, harness, and axels, everything pretty much falls into place. 5 years ago, when i did mine, it was alot harder due to the fact that we had to make our own brackets, try different axles, and wire up the harness ourselves. Now, my buddy and i can pretty much have a running k-series car in less than 2 days. Let me know if you have any question.

#10 ·
you still need to flash it, need the rear crossmember cut.. i don't think the stock header will work.. mounts, axles, re-do fuel lines, adjustable shifter (not sure if needed), relocate prop valve (brakes) cuz it hits the valve cover.. and also it wouldn't fit your hood if you have a usm hood, you would need a JDM whole front end to make a flush fit, or just cut the hood or use spacers.. if you are serious about it, search and search, and prepare to be broke or in debt :)b
http://www.crxbart.com/K20swap.html

#16 ·
If your planning on staying N/a your going to be piss when a boosted D walks you :lol:

At least my buddy was, he made close to 300hp with a k20 head, and k24 lower end, he was piss off and all he kept saying was how he spent close to 10k and a F@$& sohc beat him, to top it off it was my pig of a 94 4dr :lol:

#17 ·
Hahahaha sorry guys but i never made a build thread. In fact, i just recently came out of the woods with my car. I've have it running for the past 5 1/2 years. Originally, my intentions were to build a fully built b16 turbo, but i wanted to be ahead of the game and dropped the money I was going to use on the build on a freshly imported K20A Type R motor and trans. With the basic bolt-ons which consisted of :

velocity stack/headers/ 2.5 in exhaust/kpro and blue print stage 2 titanium valve springs and retainers
The car put out, final Numbers, 259 hp 184 ft lb trq at Churchs dyno.
1/4 mile i was running 11.98-12.15 consistent times

I wanted more power, so i decided to slap on this little garrat t3 60-1 .70 a/r turbo alongside with a synapse turbo manifold custom made for my car :p The car then put out 415 hp 290 ft lb trq at 10 psi on a super conservative tune.................91 oct..............DAILY DRIVEN! lol

#19 ·
ok... take a photo of yourself in front of the car holding a coffee mug, to prove it is actually your vehicle... :)
or simply take a photo of the engine again with a coffee mug sitting on the valve cover

that's not something you're likely to find in a cursory google image search :)

#24 ·
ironmonkey11687 said:
Hahahaha sorry guys but i never made a build thread. In fact, i just recently came out of the woods with my car. I've have it running for the past 5 1/2 years. Originally, my intentions were to build a fully built b16 turbo, but i wanted to be ahead of the game and dropped the money I was going to use on the build on a freshly imported K20A Type R motor and trans. With the basic bolt-ons which consisted of :

velocity stack/headers/ 2.5 in exhaust/kpro and blue print stage 2 titanium valve springs and retainers
The car put out, final Numbers, 259 hp 184 ft lb trq at Churchs dyno.
1/4 mile i was running 11.98-12.15 consistent times

I wanted more power, so i decided to slap on this little garrat t3 60-1 .70 a/r turbo alongside with a synapse turbo manifold custom made for my car :p The car then put out 415 hp 290 ft lb trq at 10 psi on a super conservative tune.................91 oct..............DAILY DRIVEN! lol
I love the power those motors make on low boost. Its a bit funny if you think about it, what you did at 10psi took me 24psi, 408 hp uncorrect and 370ft/lbs

#25 ·
NikZak said:
nice work mate, i stand corrected :) looks f#@&!ng awesome, what sorts of times is it putting down the strip?

mtflyboy25 said:
i just came.....
ditto ;)
Thank You!!! The last time I went to the track, I did not run slicks, but spinning 1-3 I managed to pull consistent times of 12.2-12.3.

Tian90crx said:
i searched google: "k20 turbo coffee mug" and this pic came up... hmmm.. ha, anyways, i would put a filter on that turbo if its as u stated daily driven..
ironmonkey11687 said:
I would have one if one could fit :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.