Honda CRX Forum banner

CIVREXS 91 SI ED9 CRX B16A I LOVE PICS!!!!

5K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  AJHS2011 
#1 ·
alright so heres how the story went, i bought a 97 civic ex from a buddy of mine couple months ago for $1000 dollars for a dd and was just gonna have some looks so heres how i first got it!

then did some work to it and turned it into this!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/033cj.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/006ond.jpg/

then here we go i already have a ef civic hatch DOHC ZC as a project car but, ive been wanting a b16a for it i have a b16a cable tranny mounts ect... sooo my buddy came by and said hey man did you see that crx in town for sale i said no and we went to check it out very clean new everything b16 ect.... but they wanted $5800 and i dont have that kind of money as i already have three cars so i said wonder if he'll trade me my ej8 civic for that and thought nah no way so i didn't bother asking! then i came home and started looking on the net for some crx's and ah hah found one!!!!! 91 crx si ed9 DOHC B16A FULL JDM SWAP SUPPOSELY??? so i emailed him sent him a pic of my ej/ek and he said come up and if we decide to do this do it tomarrow. i went over there about 40mi from my house and looked at it one little rust spot that was it not even the whole way through!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: every crx/civic i've seen is usualy in pretty bad shape for its age but wow i loved it took it for a hell ride and said lets do it! but heres how i took my civic to him not the way you all just seen it i took my stuff off and traded it stock like this!

i said theres one problem though and told him i needed to keep my wheels the polished and bronze ones and he said its cool! so we switched wheels and off i went with my new/old 91 si crx b16a swap and in my head im thinking i just paid $1000 dollars for this pretty much since thats what i got the ek for! alright story is over this is what she looks like! :blah: :blah: :blah:

See less See more
#28 ·
well heres some turn out pics! these are the wheels after stripping them

then sanded all the way to 800g and then taped up ready to paint inners

painted,

after tape was removed

and heres before buff but after sanded with 2000g

and after buff/polish

wheel caps before

during

and after!

#29 ·
heres some random photos and most recent things i did! polished all wheels, buff/waxed car again, got rear mud flaps and put them on, new plug wires, and took the hood pins out grinded the hood smooth and put a hood bra on!

close ups of wheels and body

and random shots!

#34 ·
civrex said:
thanks guys yeah the wheels were a b***h but worth it imo i like the way they came out also!!! :biggrin:
Lol i hear ya man. Painted my own rims as well and i don't think i would do it the same way i did. The next set i work on i will get sandblasted instead of me manually elbow greasing it. :D :)b :mrgreen:

#35 ·
so couple changes were made to the rex! i got diffrent wheels konig ratedR 15x6 1/2 40et. the tires are 205/55s but they will be coming off soon!

my two babies lol

then i got a package in the mail, i love these type of days!!!

wonder what this is???

there we go i've always loved these

then i went to IMW for the first time and wow that crx is clean in person i love it and the teg was pretty sweet too! but anyways i got my ecu rechipped not sure what kind it is but it says sst on it and i got him to dissable the knock sensor and 2ndairy o2 and set it all back to original b16. so pretty much got rid of the "spoon chip". oh and i love it now before i had a hesitation problem and car felt a little sluggish on bottom end but now im all good, fixed all my problems!!!!!

then my girls parts come in and made mine feel small lol!

01 civic now to 05, its so much better now was a little pain to do but its done now and worth it!

i also made sure she got the rear to match!

#39 ·
civrex said:
thanks man!
No prob man... how long ya had the rex? and do you take the bra off every now and then and clean underneath?? I had one a few years back and it ate my paint from dirt/debris getting trapped in it and rubbing the paint down... :)b

#43 ·
thanks man yeah i know me too im giving what they sent me a shot! i made sure i prepped it very good before installing, and i check it everytime before i get in the car and get out lol. but yeah if it starts to get the slightest play in it im going to try what they call the death tape its a permanent type. i will also try and make brackets that wrap around the upper trim peice! but so far its holding up very tight im going to keep my fingers crossed!!!

#44 ·
civrex said:
thanks man yeah i know me too im giving what they sent me a shot! i made sure i prepped it very good before installing, and i check it everytime before i get in the car and get out lol. but yeah if it starts to get the slightest play in it im going to try what they call the death tape its a permanent type. i will also try and make brackets that wrap around the upper trim peice! but so far its holding up very tight im going to keep my fingers crossed!!!
Yeah thats what was so great about the original J's Racing Design one from Japan. It wrapped around the hatch with brackets! Saw one on eBay go for like $700 one time... and thats been a couple years. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.