Honda CRX Forum banner

how can i tell if my Rex's shocks are mono or twin?

637 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Simply_Classy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone today i went to Autozone to see how much they have their shocks for and after they asked for the make and model of my vehicle they asked if my shocks were Mono or Twins. I had no clue what he means by that can anyone post a photo on how i could see if my shocks are monos or twins? thank you

#10 ·
i dunno why they would ask if your shocks are mono or twin.... its not particular to the car. its particular to the brand of shock that you already have and doesnt matter if you are replacing it.

perhaps they were asking if you WANTED twin or mono.

most brands offer twin tube shocks.

#11 ·
tyson said:
i dunno why they would ask if your shocks are mono or twin.... its not particular to the car. its particular to the brand of shock that you already have and doesnt matter if you are replacing it.

perhaps they were asking if you WANTED twin or mono.

most brands offer twin tube shocks.
hmmm maybe so, but what is the difference between both?

#13 ·
Mr.JDM wrote:
THATREDCRX wrote:
Get staggs lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-4-SHOCKS- ... es&vxp=mtr
is that what you have? i dont trust ebay that much with parts like this unless someone has bought from there before and they have good feedback.
Feedback isnt going to help you with trust. Looking in the wrong place for that. Far as the shocks go they are the same contruction as any strut you will get thats not adjustable. I know someone with them and they are woking as they should. They are from china but not much you can do about that these days. Even Koni buys out some component pieces in bulk from china. The only difference is how much you want to spend along with how much damping your after. I think the stagg is lifetime replacement but I would rather be replacing yellows for free than staggs when things blow. Its not often the quality of a struts contruction but the elements its subjected to. Cold weather, wrong springs, salt and sand flying at the piston shaft all kill struts.

#14 ·
THATREDCRX said:
Mr.JDM wrote:
THATREDCRX wrote:
Get staggs lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-4-SHOCKS- ... es&vxp=mtr
is that what you have? i dont trust ebay that much with parts like this unless someone has bought from there before and they have good feedback.
Feedback isnt going to help you with trust. Looking in the wrong place for that. Far as the shocks go they are the same contruction as any strut you will get thats not adjustable. I know someone with them and they are woking as they should. They are from china but not much you can do about that these days. Even Koni buys out some component pieces in bulk from china. The only difference is how much you want to spend along with how much damping your after. I think the stagg is lifetime replacement but I would rather be replacing yellows for free than staggs when things blow. Its not often the quality of a struts contruction but the elements its subjected to. Cold weather, wrong springs, salt and sand flying at the piston shaft all kill struts.
I get you, but the ones they sell in autozone are not really expensive and they come with a lifetime warranty, but i hear good things about the tokiko and that they run around the same price i'll be wasting on the ones in AutoZone's just havent found them yet.

#15 ·
^ Its alot of the same stuff though. They cant sell the brands everyone goes after at autozone because of the marketing and retail prices. Alot of stuff you would never expect in the auto industry is the same product in some other paint or shape just so they can sell it somewhere else and make it seem like something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.