Honda CRX Forum banner

Galoot's 90si

12K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  galoot 
#1 ·
So this is my original Si from 1994. My first car back when I was a junior in high school. It's still 99% stock and in great shape for its age. Interior is all there. No rips, tears, stains to the seats, panels, carpet, etc.... Everything works, ac, sunroof, heater, clock etc... The only part showing its age was the body!

20 years of dents and dings. And your typical Honda trouble spots. I decided, what the hell, lets make her pretty again!

not too bad right? still shiny. single stage respray from years back.

little spot on the passenger side

little hit and run action...til my neighbor fessed up!

Rust gold mine here!

hood and front bumper had a run in with a truck's receiver sticking out. damn home depot!

So now onto the restore

first well

second well

second well

drivers side

ready for color

ready for color

ready for color

finally...some color!

More to come in the future........

See less See more
#2 ·
wow, since 1994
man thats awesome! :)b

two questions:
1. how much did you pay for it?
2. what made you keep it after all these years?

p.s want to see it all put together after the paint.

#10 ·
Thanks. I struggling with leaving it stock because its so original minus the skunk2 shocks and springs. I've being thinking of type r swap. But cant decide if i want to shell out the dough. I should just get a civic hks exhaust to get the smooth sound I remember from back in the day.

#11 ·
Car is back together and on the streets. I'll post up some pics later in the week. I need to find some new head and bumper lights. My pitted ones just aren't cutting it anymore!

Anyone have some in good shape or know of any aftermarket that are near oem standards?

#12 ·
man that thing is nice.. :)b
i am jelly. my first crx was gonna be a 1991 si completely stock just like yours. had cruise control the whole shabang. i was so ecxited and when i whent to pick it up the next day, the guy had sold it to another person just 30min before.. :cry:
i was so mad and upset but i love your rex. keep it completely stock..

#15 ·
Here are a few interior shots

Pretty clean overall. Not much wear and tear over the years. These are still some of my favorite seats after all this time. I have the original floormats with all lettering still attached, but don't want to wear them out so I just cut up some generic all weather ones.

Exterior pics to follow. Needs a quick wash and some sunshine.

#22 ·
Well the search for new oem bumper lights was a half success. Only the right one is still available. Go figure! But I was able to pick up a pair of oem headlights.

Went from this

To this!

SOOOOOOOO much better!!!!! Had to remove the bumper and switch the mounting brackets. Not too hard overall. I was just worried I'd damage my paint somehow. But I didn't. Thank goodness!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.