Honda CRX Forum banner

Tsuyoshi, The '90 Si

39K views 175 replies 28 participants last post by  TopMonkey2 
#1 ·
I've been a member of this wonderful site for a few months now and always drooled over the rex's I saw on here. I had an '88 DX hatch, but then this happened. :cry:

I had just gotten into my home town after my first year at college, too. You can read the full write up on her here:
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3041440

Luckily, someone I new up at school was getting rid of his '90 CRX Si after getting a new job and buying a 2012 Civic Si. After I got back from vacation and received insurance and gift money I bought him! :bounce: He's got the normal wear and tear that you'd expect, but he's also got an after market intake, Espiler exhaust, racing suspension (I bounced on every stretch of imperfect highway), and poly bushings ( :?: :oops: ). Most importantly, he runs like a dream.

I could prattle on and on about his current condition, but I know how much we love our pictures in the community. So I'm just going to move on to the few pics I have. :blah: Sorry for the low quality.

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to get started on cleaning the interior tomorrow. I'll be sure to post more photos. :biggrin:

See less See more
#4 ·
TheLukeMartinez said:
Sweet! Hurts to see old Hondas smashed up like that. -1 Civic Hatch ):
Thanks. It was a tough day.

REX_ATA2D said:
nice find and welcome to the family. Keep the pics coming cause as far as I am concerned they are like pokemon.. Gotta catch em all :rofl:
Trust me: If it hadn't been 8:30 when I got home I would have been out there working! :tongueblue:

By the way, does anyone have cleaning products they recommend for the interior? Also, what is the best way to clean the trunk cover without pulling strands off the carpeting?

#5 ·
I've got to go and get some cleaning supplies and run errands, but after I get back it's on!

Until then, here are some pics of his current state:

Climate Control "fix" (not me)

A practically mint passenger seat!

My poor driver seat.

Fan control switch from the 2nd owner (I'm number 4)

Door panels are going to be replaced.

Broken handle. :( I have a replacement. :)

Torn bumper. I'll do a quick fix for now. But I'm probably going to do a SiR front end in the future.

I'd say it's pretty clean, but I might break out the Simple Green just for fun.

Trunk cover and assorted pieces.

My box of OEM goodies. :D

This also came in the mail today. I'm such a fanboy! :mrgreen: (Courtesy of Atektuning.)

#6 ·
I put in the trunk pieces to give my interior a more finished look. I'm missing the main cover piece and I couldn't get it perfectly clean, but it looks ten times better than before.

I'm missing a couple screws, so I had to improvise.

I also replaced the broken door handle today, but it's still not perfect! :(

The door won't latch unless it's locked. And to unlock it, pressure has to be applied on the outside, by the latch. I think the issue is that one of my operating rods is out of place. Has anyone else had this issue?

#7 ·
Met up with the seller at Turner Falls today. He forgot to give me the rest of the poly bushings. :lol: Yay for "free" parts.

While there, I decided to take a few photos over the look out. I'm glad I gave him a bath last night. I'll need to go back to the area for a full fledged shoot with a fancy camera. It's a beautiful area.

#15 ·
Austin_tacious said:
Hmmm... Thats actually very close!

You should drive your Rex more. :\
x2 on that.

your rex is really nice. i can't wait to get mine all rust free. i even have rusty doors.. i think i might patch them though. :nod:

#18 ·
I went to Dallas this weekend, but came back today and tried to fix the issue with the door latch. Unfortunately, I could not get the mechanism to work properly. :x So I put it back together and will try to get it working properly with the help of mechanic friend. Or I'll suck it up and pay to have it fixed when I get some other things worked on. :cry:

Basically, this update is to tell everyone that I have no update.

#24 ·
Took him to a mechanic today to get an inspection done. I mentioned the other things I wanted fixed and they took care of the vacuum leak. Turns out the leak was at my map sensor, so the guy capped it off.

I'll be taking it back next Thursday so THEY can tear my door apart. I don't want to [mess] that up again. :lol:

$30 for a vacuum leak and piece of mind sound fantastic to me. And once I get that pesky door and window taken care of, I'll be ready for the North Texas meet on July 1st! 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.