Honda CRX Forum banner

Site access issues to all sub-forums for everyone.

20K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  daveb91 
#1 ·
What's the deal here?
Those that are responding or active, seem to be through using Tapatalk, or post they've written in or are subscribed too; otherwise, those that are web browsing from Mac/PC/smartphones isn't an option and everyone receives a "you do not have permission to view this area" or whatever it is that halts activity on any of the sub forums here.

I have written CRXFisher; site admin 2 days ago, I believe, was told new admins changed something and would resolve this issue since they've been informed by email too.
Nothing's fix still, for anyone, and those I interact with have same issues too; but no clue of the issue, and now we're receiving multiple PMs if we get any. So an issue to issues arising.

Why write this out? Mishaps happen...
Hoping if this post goes through, admins will see this and eventually "fix" whatever was altered.
As no one is stating this issue in new fresh thread, only in posts they've already written/subscribed too, so I'm hoping this goes through to be seen and fix the 'unknown' mishap.

The issue happens to both mobile and full-site; Mac/PC/smartphones across all sub forums and for every user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
MexiChriS said:
I have written CRXFisher; site admin 2 days ago
He's nothing but a figurehead who retained the title of Site admin, but he no longer has any vested interest in the day to day goings on of the site, which is why he sold out.

It's apparently being addressed according to the "Announcement" at the top of the forum. :shrug:

#4 ·
Nod - I PM'd to AG_Admin on Wednesday night about this issue. I'm a bit of a crxcommunity noob, I poked around and found the site admins list and just picked one to notify. Looking back, I should have cc:d them all - I just didn't think to do that at the time.

Even if it was rarely used, maybe it would be useful if there was an easy way to address all the admins in one shot (PM or email) when something like this arises - maybe "admins@crxcommunity.com"? That is kind of what I was looking for/expecting to find.

#5 ·
cpp said:
Nod - I PM'd to AG_Admin on Wednesday night about this issue. I'm a bit of a crxcommunity noob, I poked around and found the site admins list and just picked one to notify. Looking back, I should have cc:d them all - I just didn't think to do that at the time.

Even if it was rarely used, maybe it would be useful if there was an easy way to address all the admins in one shot (PM or email) when something like this arises - maybe "admins@crxcommunity.com"? That is kind of what I was looking for/expecting to find.
At least I'm not the only one trying to find out what's the deal. But stuff happens, forums get funky, so it's all in due time for repairs which I understand.

As for contact infos.
If you look at the bottom of the home page. You'll see new users and online users. Bellow that in specific colors; believe in bold, you'll see Admins, Team Members, etc. that's where you'll find contacts if you ever have issues or need questions answered.

#6 ·
nihkon said:
It's being worked on. An announcement has been put at the top of the main forum index about it.
We can now access threads/posts via the "search" pull-down menu at the top of the page.
Stay patient. Hopefully full access will be restored before long. :)b
I have not been able to find this announcement you're talking about. Anyway you can link it here for me?
As for the search menu, it seems troublesome, and much better to just use the Tapatalk app but to each their own. Thanks for the heads up, nice to get around that when at the college computers.

Baker said:
He's nothing but a figurehead who retained the title of Site admin, but he no longer has any vested interest in the day to day goings on of the site, which is why he sold out.

It's apparently being addressed according to the "Announcement" at the top of the forum. :shrug:
Once again, I have no clue what announcement this is that you're all talking about.

As for figurehead, are you talking about that situation a few years back where they were in a position of selling/finding someone to handle the site? Or did this happen once again and he got ownership?
I'm honestly waiting for it to happen again. As I'd like to own and operate the site. Bunch of updates that should of happened years back when this was in the talks, but nothing much happened, besides someone else taking over.

#7 ·
cpp said:

I don't think there's an easy way to contact all the admins at once, short of adding each person individually to your PM.
Otherwise, you can do what Chris mentioned, or post a topic here in the Site Suggestions & Issues forum.

MexiChriS said:
I have not been able to find this announcement you're talking about. Anyway you can link it here for me?
As for the search menu, it seems troublesome, and much better to just use the Tapatalk app but to each their own. Thanks for the heads up, nice to get around that when at the college computers.
The announcement is on the main page, just under the header...above the "Site Rules" sub-forum.

The search menu method is definitely cumbersome...but it's just a temporary work-around until the site issues are fixed.

#8 ·
Yeah I'm attempting that and can not get to it at all, Nihkon.

Search isn't helping me out now, either. All in all, still end up with "you do not have required to read topics within this forum."

As for Tapatalk I don't see this being listed or showing up in that sub forum area. Odd.

#12 ·
At the college where I work, i don't see that message. I see some adds. This is all done on safari, chrome, and Firefox.

I do see it on my MacBook Pro but sometimes the main page won't load. Server error and whatnot issues. This is viewed at my house or my other job, odd that the college doesn't display it, but whatever.

daveb91 said:
People are not able to read..... And fisher is not in charge and hasn't been for a couple years.
I've started to gather that info a couple days ago from other members. Had no clue how things have shifted around on here.

Since that's the case. WHO does cater to the site and it's well being, as taking charge/control?

Because now I'm lost as to what's going on with the community here. I remember seeing some active members handling stuff if issues came up or PMs were sent.
Believe most of them were team members, but it's been a couple years since then, so I can't remember too much on who did what and was able to get things going smoothly.

#15 ·
crxgator said:
My guess is they wanted the forum hidden unless you were a registered / logged in user.

:rolleyes1:
I think you missed the whole point and didn't read clearly on the whole "any of the sub forums" part. Meaning irregardless of member or not, there's no access beyond the message saying we don't have privileges.

Or maybe I've misread your post...?
Not following I suppose

#18 ·
Cloud Eleven said:
No it's all a ploy to get everyone to use tapatalk. I thought this would be sorted out by now.
I don't see how Tapatalk would be the root of this, besides Tapatalk having years ago been placed somewhere within the system roots; which allows access, and luckily is our only source of navigating as one would on a web browser, painlessly with an app.
We're lucky we even got that installed, because I remember requesting for it; for issues like this to work around. I wish Civic Wagon site would jump on having an alternate route too but they don't, so if they go down, no back doors for anyone there. It really sucks without it sometimes. Few cafe/CB sites I follow have followed through and came through during site issues.

So sorry man but it seems far fetch saying that. If anything I'd like more sources and facts, business ties as it seems your concluding too, or whatever for that kind of statement on anything related to Tapatalk usage/priority for this site. Just seems to much of nothing.

As for now, Tapatalk is saving most us and keeping us updated on certain feeds/participated content... Besides that search function option mentioned above. Anyways, I'm noticing I'm the only one really saying their name and promoting the use of it lately, but all due to main access on web based usage from CRX Community.

So rather than "Tapatalk this or "*member* this..." as we seem to be going lately... I just wish the main issue; log in/access privileges, would be prioritized and fixed by now for everyone, but I'm glad we at least got Tapatalk embedded within the system years back! Nothing wrong with it and major backup for us users; clearly.
Hope you get that, but please inform me if anything, because I'm seeing now the community is almost split and with high opinions. So I'm open to hear and see yours Cloud Eleven.

P.S. Is it ever weird to you guys closing out with someone by their username. Anyone ever feel that way?

#20 ·
Haha I'll blame it on whatever I want. One thing is certain, the webmaster is slacking, this problem is more difficult than we know, or its just not a priority. It's just a shame seeing another site having issues, limited connectivity will result in a loss of interest in visiting it. I just hope this isn't a sign that the community is on its way out. I have preferred this site to many others over the years.

#21 ·
rallypoint_1 said:
Hmmm....socal crx meet is going away and now this. I smell the end. Too bad, it's a good site.
I think the whole site dying is far fetched and too early... But maybe I'm just hoping for the best out of all this.

As for the SoCal meet; the members, are not in anyway in control of this site. It's just a gathering with some really great members; long time friends if anything, that have contributed to making a nice meet for anyone and utilized this community to keep it going. With the added bonus of really pushing/promoting CRX Community on the west coast.
I'm assuming it will be the last active ongoing event from Nihkon, but not for long, as I'm sure someone will keep it going or gather a new one elsewhere. Either way, really cool that Nihkon and his pals have kept it active and clean from unwanted crowds, and kept the community heavily involved; from builds to events and all.

Just stay put and keep an eye out for what SoCal has to offer. Still a strong community here, you never know what's to come!

Cloud Eleven said:
Haha I'll blame it on whatever I want. One thing is certain, the webmaster is slacking, this problem is more difficult than we know, or its just not a priority. It's just a shame seeing another site having issues, limited connectivity will result in a loss of interest in visiting it. I just hope this isn't a sign that the community is on its way out. I have preferred this site to many others over the years.
Many of us prefer this site to many others. It really is a great community, with lots of tips and help from new to old vets around the scene or just this car specifically.

I'm always on/off from being active, within the scene or just to my car itself, but never stopped me from hopping on every month to inspect on the builds or issues people have. Plus to see what goods seem to crate around in the classifieds section. As I've seen some rare discontinued parts, I thought I'd never see, through the years. All possible due to this site.

There really is no other community like this one.
So it's alarming for me to see this site issue ongoing and how the community members are split between differences; although for good reasons I suppose, on how it's been managed and controlled, and where the general direction and well being of the site is headed or already at.

It's a waiting game, I suppose.

#22 ·
Cloud Eleven said:
Haha I'll blame it on whatever I want. One thing is certain, the webmaster is slacking, this problem is more difficult than we know, or its just not a priority.
I think it's all of the above.
Ever since it was taken over by Vertical Scope(?), the site hasn't changed, which is a good & bad thing.
The site for the most part has stayed the same, but upgrades have not happened and they don't appear to be trying to improve it for the better either, only throwing more junk ads our way.

Cloud Eleven said:
I just hope this isn't a sign that the community is on its way out. I have preferred this site to many others over the years.
I hope not either.
I prefer this forum over the ridiculously high school oriented faux affiliated Facebook page.
I don't use Tapatalk either, but probably am one of the few that still like to view the site and navigate on a full screen desktop.

#23 ·
Baker said:
I hope not either.
I prefer this forum over the ridiculously high school oriented faux affiliated Facebook page.
I don't use Tapatalk either, but probably am one of the few that still like to view the site and navigate on a full screen desktop.
About the Facebook page. Is that the same person that snagged the Instagram account?

Anyways, I use Tapatalk for on the go quick views/reply, but rely and prefer the web browser on a computer. So you're not alone on that.
It's the very reason I posted this thread, to see who's having issues and if anyone even cares. As the issue itself all pertains to actual computer browsing access, which we'd all like back now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.