(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Baker » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

As with most forums, with the influx and ease of FB groups, forums have been on the decline.
Seems forums like this that got bought out and swallowed by a larger conglomerate, this is more or less just an ad space for them to occupy.

I do think forums are far superior source of information based on ease of finding it and a forum is overall easier to follow and navigate as far as info and following conversations.

Does the site still see traffic, new members, what's the numbers for that?
What can be done to update the site, what would some of you like to see realistically?
Does anyone think any updates/clean up of the site would help draw more traffic?
Is it just a lost cause and a place where us "old members" go just to pop in an see how badly this place has declined?
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 19983
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby jzxcrx » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm

Is CRX-related content better on FB than on the forum?
Don’t have a facebook account and never will. I was thinking the forum is dwindling because CRXs are getting pretty scarce.
There’s nothing wrong with our forum that I can think of.
jzxcrx
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Windy Point, Wasington

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Baker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am

jzxcrx wrote:Is CRX-related content better on FB than on the forum?


No. For a few reasons:
The page is moderated HORRIBLY and he stole the name...
It's full of a ton of Knowitall JDM fanboiz....
The main moderator is an egotesticle douche....
https://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=211298

Info is hard to find because of how it is NOT organized and convos are hard to follow.

jzxcrx wrote:There’s nothing wrong with our forum that I can think of.


It's not as active, but more, it hasn't been updated and seems barely maintained....
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 19983
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Robb » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 pm

Kill it... :lol:
User avatar
Robb
 
Posts: 3527
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby zcash » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:21 am

In my opinion, if crxcommunity would become more of a mobile phone app and had the layout of Instagram and Facebook, I believe it would grow instead of decline. But of course the owners of the website would have to invest their time and money into something like that. Allowing people to create an account from their FB or IG profiles instead of having to put in their email and password all the time, as most people now are always logged in to FB or IG at all times due to the apps. Tapatalk is okay, but it's not that great of an app

Hope the new owners will see this post and consider making the site into it's own app, but I doubt they are even interested in making it into something greater than what it is.
New CRX Door Weatherstripping and Custom Floor Mats For Sale

Please contact me for info
User avatar
zcash
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:09 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby CrxMusix13 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:02 pm

I know I'm really late to the party, but I am curious, what version of phpBB are we running on? There's some fantastic new/modern forum software out these these days... some of which have migration guides and tools from phpBB.

As I'm a web developer professionally, I would at least be interested in seeing if there was any way to migrate the site to something more mobile friendly and modern (Discourse), if there was any interest in that kind of lift.

It would probably be an insane undertaking, but it couldn't hurt to look into it?
Check out my de-rice/restoration thread: https://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=34912

Talk about a load of work...
User avatar
CrxMusix13
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby daveb91 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:35 am

Fisher...Why? How much could you of got? Sell out
91 CRX Si JRSC Turboedit ECU
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
User avatar
daveb91
 
Posts: 10853
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:58 am
Location: Vienna, WV

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Baker » Tue May 28, 2019 2:29 pm

CrxMusix13 wrote:I know I'm really late to the party, but I am curious, what version of phpBB are we running on? There's some fantastic new/modern forum software out these these days... some of which have migration guides and tools from phpBB.

As I'm a web developer professionally, I would at least be interested in seeing if there was any way to migrate the site to something more mobile friendly and modern (Discourse), if there was any interest in that kind of lift.

It would probably be an insane undertaking, but it couldn't hurt to look into it?


:-)b
Now if only someone would listen....
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 19983
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby AG_admin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Migrating the site to some more stable is definitely on the table. But... to do it right and not lose half the content would take a lot of prep work, work above my pay grade. On the table, but we aren't ready for it yet

Kevin
User avatar
AG_admin
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Baker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:03 am

AG_admin wrote:Migrating the site to some more stable is definitely on the table. But... to do it right and not lose half the content would take a lot of prep work, work above my pay grade. On the table, but we aren't ready for it yet

Kevin


So what's the purpose of buying the site only to NOT maintain or update it, to maybe draw more traffic and users?

Ehh, why should I expect anything less, it only took 6 months to get that answer...
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 19983
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby jzxcrx » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 am

CRXs so few and far between nowadays. Still fun though.
jzxcrx
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Windy Point, Wasington

Re: Bring CRXComm into 2019!

Postby Baker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm

On "The Team" page, who is b0981839563 & LAHAL11?

I'll wait until June to have this answered...



Baker wrote:
AG_admin wrote:Migrating the site to some more stable is definitely on the table. But... to do it right and not lose half the content would take a lot of prep work, work above my pay grade. On the table, but we aren't ready for it yet

Kevin


So what's the purpose of buying the site only to NOT maintain or update it, to maybe draw more traffic and users?

Ehh, why should I expect anything less, it only took 6 months to get that answer...


It's 6 months since I asked this question and based on the current rate, it's due for an answer, since it is a new year and decade. :rolleyes1:
User avatar
Baker
Mr. Search
 
Posts: 19983
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:48 am
Location: The 607 Fingerlakes Region of NY


Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests