Honda CRX Forum banner

Bring CRXComm into 2019!

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
As with most forums, with the influx and ease of FB groups, forums have been on the decline.
Seems forums like this that got bought out and swallowed by a larger conglomerate, this is more or less just an ad space for them to occupy.

I do think forums are far superior source of information based on ease of finding it and a forum is overall easier to follow and navigate as far as info and following conversations.

Does the site still see traffic, new members, what's the numbers for that?
What can be done to update the site, what would some of you like to see realistically?
Does anyone think any updates/clean up of the site would help draw more traffic?
Is it just a lost cause and a place where us "old members" go just to pop in an see how badly this place has declined?

#3 ·
jzxcrx said:
Is CRX-related content better on FB than on the forum?
No. For a few reasons:
The page is moderated HORRIBLY and he stole the name...
It's full of a ton of Knowitall JDM fanboiz....
The main moderator is an egotesticle douche....
https://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=211298

Info is hard to find because of how it is NOT organized and convos are hard to follow.

jzxcrx said:
There's nothing wrong with our forum that I can think of.
It's not as active, but more, it hasn't been updated and seems barely maintained....

#5 ·
In my opinion, if crxcommunity would become more of a mobile phone app and had the layout of Instagram and Facebook, I believe it would grow instead of decline. But of course the owners of the website would have to invest their time and money into something like that. Allowing people to create an account from their FB or IG profiles instead of having to put in their email and password all the time, as most people now are always logged in to FB or IG at all times due to the apps. Tapatalk is okay, but it's not that great of an app

Hope the new owners will see this post and consider making the site into it's own app, but I doubt they are even interested in making it into something greater than what it is.

#6 ·
I know I'm really late to the party, but I am curious, what version of phpBB are we running on? There's some fantastic new/modern forum software out these these days... some of which have migration guides and tools from phpBB.

As I'm a web developer professionally, I would at least be interested in seeing if there was any way to migrate the site to something more mobile friendly and modern (Discourse), if there was any interest in that kind of lift.

It would probably be an insane undertaking, but it couldn't hurt to look into it?

#8 ·
CrxMusix13 said:
I know I'm really late to the party, but I am curious, what version of phpBB are we running on? There's some fantastic new/modern forum software out these these days... some of which have migration guides and tools from phpBB.

As I'm a web developer professionally, I would at least be interested in seeing if there was any way to migrate the site to something more mobile friendly and modern (Discourse), if there was any interest in that kind of lift.

It would probably be an insane undertaking, but it couldn't hurt to look into it?
:)b
Now if only someone would listen....

#9 ·
Migrating the site to some more stable is definitely on the table. But... to do it right and not lose half the content would take a lot of prep work, work above my pay grade. On the table, but we aren't ready for it yet

Kevin

#10 ·
AG_admin said:
Migrating the site to some more stable is definitely on the table. But... to do it right and not lose half the content would take a lot of prep work, work above my pay grade. On the table, but we aren't ready for it yet

Kevin
So what's the purpose of buying the site only to NOT maintain or update it, to maybe draw more traffic and users?

Ehh, why should I expect anything less, it only took 6 months to get that answer...

#12 ·
On "The Team" page, who is b0981839563 & LAHAL11?

I'll wait until June to have this answered...

Baker said:
AG_admin said:

Kevin
So what's the purpose of buying the site only to NOT maintain or update it, to maybe draw more traffic and users?

Ehh, why should I expect anything less, it only took 6 months to get that answer...
It's 6 months since I asked this question and based on the current rate, it's due for an answer, since it is a new year and decade. :rolleyes1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.