(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Featured Monthly Crx

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Featured Monthly Crx

Postby Baker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I recall when I first joined this was a strong and consistent part of forum.
What happened to this, we haven't had one since May of this year and it hasn't been consistent since '09.
Were ppl not pulling their weight after they said they wanted to be a part of this?
Looking at the members of the team, 2 of them have not logged on since middle of August.

Did the team disband, forget and scrap this idea?
Baker
Mr. Search

Re: Featured Monthly Crx

Postby inthewoods » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Good question.. This is that last thing I've noticed: viewtopic.php?p=546998#p546998
inthewoods

Postby Robb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Most people dont have too much spare time anymore..
Life is very hectic nowadays.. trying to keep up with the Jones's...LoL
Work and family/friends takes up most of the day.. the rest of the day is for sleeping...LoL
Robb

Postby zrickety » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I had offered to help the team at one time, but never heard back. I understand people get busy, but most of the pics and info is given to them. To quote Clarkson, 'How hard can it be?'
91 CRX Si B16(XSi) viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32702
Current 09 VW GTI 2.0TSI viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60122
BigDare23 wrote:A CRX is a like a gift and a curse.
zrickety

Postby Baker » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 am

inthewoods wrote:Good question.. This is that last thing I've noticed: viewtopic.php?p=546998#p546998

I saw that.
That's too bad, it was a nice addition to the forum.

RIP Featured Monthly Crx. :shrug:
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby CrxMusix13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

I've offered to help too!

I think it is a great addition to our forum and it's always a cool thing to acknowledge eachothers hard work.

Why can't a few of us start it up again? I'm proficient enough in HTML and stuff to make and do a little bit of designing for these...

I'm saying I'm here to help. In fact I've offered my services (web design, maintenance) which I charge up to $70 an hour for FOR FREE to this forum, without any reply.

I'd love to be a part of this happening again, and thanks for bringing this up Baker.

So what happens now?
Check out my de-rice/restoration thread: https://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=34912

Talk about a load of work...
CrxMusix13

Postby daveb91 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:57 pm

CrxMusix13 wrote:I've offered to help too!

I think it is a great addition to our forum and it's always a cool thing to acknowledge eachothers hard work.

Why can't a few of us start it up again? I'm proficient enough in HTML and stuff to make and do a little bit of designing for these...

I'm saying I'm here to help. In fact I've offered my services (web design, maintenance) which I charge up to $70 an hour for FOR FREE to this forum, without any reply.

I'd love to be a part of this happening again, and thanks for bringing this up Baker.

So what happens now?

Nothing happens.......it's how the site is run. No update, no feature...nothing.
91 CRX Si JRSC Turboedit ECU
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
daveb91

Postby THATREDCRX » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:01 pm

We can just do our own on the side and call it "Featured Monthly Crx basement edition"
THATREDCRX
TERMINATED

Postby Baker » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:15 am

THATREDCRX wrote:We can just do our own on the side and call it "Featured Monthly Crx basement edition"

That's been tried too....and died off as well.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby ohisofly » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:18 pm

I also offered help but no response :x x2 on making our own
1991 Crx Si - My build thread

"I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent." -Written on a wall in a concentration camp
ohisofly

Postby tonyguns » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I haven't been on here for a while now, and by the looks of when this is posted you can now see how busy I have been. I am just now getting some time to look around this site again, let alone try to get a few people involved again after the lack of response, effort, and general horseshit I have dealt with the last couple of years running this..

It's not hard to send me a PM, or even an e-mail, and to those who have contacted me, do so again, and I'll get you started, but understand that I WILL NOT babysit your ass, period.

For all of those people who think it's easy to contact members, collect information, get them to send you pics, get them to tell you a story about their cars, and tell you enough information you can actually write a few paragraphs about, THEN write an article about it, THEN edit the template with the images, put it together, edit the article for content, spelling, grammar and image issues, THEN post it here, on time, every month, with ZERO help from anyone I have selected as members of my team whatsoever to this point then go right ahead and do it. Anything you have seen posted with the exception of 1, yes 1 feature was done by me since 2009, from top to bottom with ZERO assistance.

If you genuinely want to help, I'll get it rolling again, everyone wants to whine and complain, but nobody wants to help, and I'm done doing it solo.

I have been:

-running this feature FOR FREE
-running the tennessee CRX meet AT A LOSS for 5 years with no help from anyone, while getting crap from and being ingored by people that I used to call friends when help is needed the most
-Helping any of my friends at the drop of a hat with car troubles, parts needed, whatever without hesitation
-buying parts for friends, giving away parts to keep their cars on the road, EVEN HELPING them put the frickin part ON THEIR CARS too

I would love to see people do what I do for my friends with CRXs locally on a daily basis, deal with work, a marriage, bills, life, death, a house, and find time to run what amounts to a 1 article magazine on top of all that real life crap with NO HELP, NONE, THEN, deal with the constant chasing of feature team members to get them to check in, like a bunch of frickin useless 5 year olds.

To see ANOTHER stupid thread in here about this just completely pisses me off when I am EXTREMELY easy to get ahold of via PM, phone, Email, Find on facebook, contact a moderator, an Admin, or numerous people who know me on this site to message me if you can't muster up the brain power to find me yourself if people on this board really wanted to help with the features, but NO.... it's a lot easier to bitch about it than actually try to offer some help.

It's not rocket science people, but it's thankless work, and make no mistake.... IT'S WORK. Trying to get people to send you good photos from something OTHER THAN an idiotic camera phone is like herding cats.... still want to join the feature team?

If you do then PM me again, I am going to try and give this one more go, but I am not chasing you down, waiting to hear from you, or listening to any more BS when you have time to post comments, tell stories, buy and sell [crud] on this site, but flat out IGNORE new posts in the private feature team forum.

If you PM'd about joining last time, most of this was not directed at you, everyone else, try offering some REAL help rather than take jabs at me for how hard it is.
Frost White 91 CRX Si
Frost White 91 CRX HF
TN10 on facebook!!
tonyguns

Postby daveb91 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Hmm it doesn't seem you are the only one on this featured team so what are the other guys doing Tony???
91 CRX Si JRSC Turboedit ECU
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
daveb91

Postby Meech » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:53 pm

I just offered my assistance and Im set up with a member. Waiting for the questionnaire and Ill be set to write up and submit an article. Im ready to just go ahead though. How long does it usually take to get an article up after its submitted?
ebob wrote:Wish I aged as well the HF. I think I know why I lost 5mpg, my car's carrying and additional 150 pounds.

'88 Dx - '93 MPV V6 2wd - Feedback
Meech

Postby ollie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Just to add guys..this can feel like a job at times and it does take a bit of commitment.
I started the feature and when my job load increased had to step back and the feature suffered.
Now thats not all my work, it takes a team and I'm very grateful for the help I had.

For the people stating that they offered help I ask you to do this:

1. Send Tony a PM and let him know you would like to help
2. FOLLOW THROUGH and stick it out as it can be a chore sometimes to finish the article
3. Stay in touch and be HONEST!..Dont offer your help if you cant commit or if if the job is over your head or you simply dont have the time, JUST SAY SO! .....I HATE it when people say they will help and start an article then back out after a little work becomes apparent.

Since I'm no longer employed I may be able to help Tony a bit more if he needs it.

Just to answer Meech's question: It can take from 3-4 weeks from start to finish with all the run around that usually occurs, less if it all flows smoothly and the feature owner is a regular visiting member.
...Thrashy. said...."Robb, if my car ever breaks down, I'll never have to worry because I can just shout "CRX FLOORMATS!" and within an hour you'll be right there to tell me about yours. 8)" ahhhhhahahahahahah

1989 EF9 project "Backburner" in restoration. :)
ollie
Site Admin

Postby Vince MD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:20 pm

interesting, i had no idea guys. thanks for lettin us know Tony and Ollie. I'm glad this feature is still around a little bit. It's great to see peoples hardwork when it is up and going. The editor and the featured. You both take alot of love and make it really nice. I'm hoping that my rex is worthy oneday for this but til now, ill enjoy the next rex of the month whenever y'all get the next canidates info. my facebook is a way to get ahold of me too. i like to be connected to more rex people. thanks for listening to my rant. and thanks again for all your efforts. :-)b

Vince MD
RIP: 1988 HF Rust Bucket (to the junkyard)
Current: Rust Free 1988 Si To replace the crusty one. Work In Progress....build thread
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=53957
Daily: 2006 4Runner Shadow Mica
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000587318407
Vince MD

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues