(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

The WORST resource for Honda CRX related talk

Voice your opinion about the site. Make new suggestions. Vote on changes. An open forum to discuss anything related to the CRX Community site.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The WORST resource for Honda CRX related talk

Postby Baker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 pm

downest wrote: Learn to get along and treat everyone with a little bit of respect, earned or not.

This is where opinions differ.
IMO, respect is a 2 way street, give and receive, earned and not given.

downest wrote: In fact you have just brought it up, unprovoked and unrelated to this thread.

This is part of what the thread was about...I don't think I was reading into it wrong.
Again probably another variance of opinion...

downest wrote:I must say I am not too surprised to hear more griping from another older member. I think a lot of us who have been around for a while are starting to get a little fed up with the newer wave of CRX/Honda owners. I see it a lot at work, the newer generation of Honda kids are a lot different than we all were five to ten years ago (or longer, for some).
The scene is changing, still, and as the cars get older I personally feel that it will change for the better. These cars are getting harder for inexperienced people to own, and they are starting to cost more as well.

I still agree with you on the first part of this statement, however, I don't feel as optimistic about the second part, the scene changing for the better. Only time will tell...
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby EF RaceRR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

g0CRXg0 wrote:The "Restoration" forum has people trying to install RSX seats in a CRX?! That's not restoration, it's bastardization. I thought we stopped molesting CRXs long ago?

Isn't this "resto-modding"? :P

While I don't like RSX seats in CRXs, I can at least appreciate someone trying to keep their car as close to "all Honda" parts as possible.

nihkon wrote:Our Classifieds rule are in place as an effort to try to make the" For Sale/Want To Buy" experience a better one. When trying to sell or buy something, who wants to sift through a bunch of threads full of "nice car, good luck with sale" posts?

This is honestly the most annoying things about my local forums. I think people that do this are "post count whores" that just like to increase their post count. I know Honda-tech turned off classified post counts, so when you post in the classifieds your post count doesn't increase.

On a sidenote; How do mods become the mods? I've always been curious as to how that works.
R Spirit
EF RaceRR

Postby inthewoods » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 pm

EF RaceRR wrote:
g0CRXg0 wrote:The "Restoration" forum has people trying to install RSX seats in a CRX?! That's not restoration, it's bastardization. I thought we stopped molesting CRXs long ago?

Isn't this "resto-modding"? :P

Well that forum is called the "Restoration, Cosmetics, and Detailing"
(Detailing, rust repair, body work, paint, body kits, interior upgrades and rebuilding.)

And speaking of seats Build thread: Rear Mustang Seats in CRX :lol:
inthewoods

Postby daveb91 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 pm

EF RaceRR wrote:On a sidenote; How do mods become the mods? I've always been curious as to how that works.

Lots of ass kissing try it......... :bounce: You can work on a admins car and not even have to log in for months!!!! More bounce :bounce:
91 CRX Si JRSC Turboedit ECU
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
daveb91

Postby downest » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the poke dave, I was a mod long before jfro was ;P
Tom Wood (Downes)
'91 CRX Si B18C5 #591 hill climber
'88 3.4Runner daily driver/trail rig
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby daveb91 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:42 pm

downest wrote:Thanks for the poke dave, I was a mod long before jfro was ;P

I was a member way before you were......... :-)b You know me Tom it's all in fun some people just take the Internet too seriously which is why this thread is so damn funny.
daveb91

Postby downest » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Baker wrote:
downest wrote: Learn to get along and treat everyone with a little bit of respect, earned or not.

This is where opinions differ.
IMO, respect is a 2 way street, give and receive, earned and not given.

That's fine, treat new members like crap and they are going to think you are an [butt-head], and if you are the first to reply, you are representing the whole community. Like you said, it's a two way street; all community members are created equal.

downest wrote: In fact you have just brought it up, unprovoked and unrelated to this thread.

This is part of what the thread was about...I don't think I was reading into it wrong.
Again probably another variance of opinion...

downest wrote:I must say I am not too surprised to hear more griping from another older member. I think a lot of us who have been around for a while are starting to get a little fed up with the newer wave of CRX/Honda owners. I see it a lot at work, the newer generation of Honda kids are a lot different than we all were five to ten years ago (or longer, for some).
The scene is changing, still, and as the cars get older I personally feel that it will change for the better. These cars are getting harder for inexperienced people to own, and they are starting to cost more as well.

I still agree with you on the first part of this statement, however, I don't feel as optimistic about the second part, the scene changing for the better. Only time will tell...

I personally don't agree with the current state of the import scene, but that's how it goes, you don't get to choose, and as we get older, the younger guys are going to annoy us, I'm sure we were the same way years ago. What I meant is that I see the import/Honda scene starting to improve as a whole, from what I see in my personal life anyway.
Tom Wood (Downes)
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby downest » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm

daveb91 wrote:
downest wrote:Thanks for the poke dave, I was a mod long before jfro was ;P

I was a member way before you were......... :-)b You know me Tom it's all in fun some people just take the Internet too seriously which is why this thread is so damn funny.

I do, I wasn't angry just wanted to get that post in ASAP :P See you at N18?
Tom Wood (Downes)
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby daveb91 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah Im strongly thinking about it Tom.....just wasn't feeling it this year.

Look there was a lot of us original guys that came from the resource....that used to be the best "resource" for the crx among a few other sites back in the mid to late 90s. This is better than the other older sites as far as info and experience goes...it's just too bad newer users do not want to use that info.
daveb91

Postby red89si » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Baker wrote:
red89si wrote: One thing regarding the hipster/herrafrush nonsense, is that you dont see any negative commentary towards them on sites like stance nation or stance works, and you dont see the old school enthusiasts going to their sites declaring them "haters" or trying to push their style on them. Yet theyll gladly jump on any board not centered around their trend and do just that.

Excellent point! When it comes to that type of stuff, it definitely is NOT a two way street.
Only those hipsters/trendsetters opinion matter because they're being "different" and anyone who disagrees are just a bunch of "h8ters".... :rolleyes1:

EXACTLY! Should respect be given to people who show none whatsoever? It doesnt matter how "new" somebody is, being ignorant and rude should be a pretty clear issue to community respect if you ask me..
"If ye love wealth over liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down, lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" SAMUEL ADAMS
red89si

Postby g0CRXg0 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:37 am

Get outta here inthewoods, you wanna make me out to be a crybaby? How about this:
It's SUCH a big deal that I make a post calling out foul play (which is funny that you'd oppose since you claim to want the forum to be so strict) that you have to alter my post? And I'm the crybaby?
Oh, there's a small comment you don't want to read? Cry me a river. It's the Internet, scroll down, or is it easier to go through the trouble of editing my posts and pming me complaining?

The better coarse of action would be to not enforce ridiculous restrictions, and encourage participating members to do so appropriately. Just as children mock their mature adult role models, members will comply for the greater good, and if not, THEN take administrative action.

I feel someone should make a forum that is invite only. People doing stupid [crud] and saying stupid [crud] have no place.

If I had made a pointless remark on that guys FS post, I'd have understood. But I didn't. Someone made an illegitimate offer to establish a bartering position for the seller, his friend. I called it out cause it was [baloney].
I bump my WTB thread because IM making a strong effort to get what I want, and you punish that?

I understand your pov DUB, and Downest for sure, but I just don't appreciate unwarranted and inconsistent rules being enforced for no reason on my legit threads when I go to bs threads and see their not even appointing the rules.
When Im posting calling people faggots or calling peoples projects gay, then you can edit me. I never wouldve mentioned those other threads had mine not been messed with.

I think it's funny you guys all say "oh most Honda sites suck", Crxcentral was an EXCELLENT site, guys like Andy were great Mods and the site never had any drama, [baloney], or arguements over something as minuscule as bumping their fs or wtb post. Does anyone know what happened to the site?
g0CRXg0

Postby daveb91 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:58 am

Central is gone man......you want a crx site with no drama and some old school guys.........
http://crx.honda-perf.org
daveb91

Postby jfrolang » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm

g0CRXg0 wrote:I never wouldve mentioned those other threads had mine not been messed with.

Nobody is out to get you. The moderators are responsible for maintaining the site rules, so that's what they do. If you see a thread that is not in compliance, flag it. It's the report button in the top right of every post. No moderator can read every thread on the site.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby daveb91 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 pm

For the size and amount of traffic this site gets it has an abnormally size moderator/admin group....I get on this site once maybe twice a day and see all kinds of things wrong and maybe flag a tenth of it. They usually fix everything I flag though.
daveb91

Postby downest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:07 pm

I appreciate you guys flagging posts where needed, we do use the reports, it's the first thing I do when I log in generally. Sometimes I just clean up posts and don't have time for reading the forum haha.
Tom Wood (Downes)
Wicked Performance Group
downest
Wicked Tom

Postby g0CRXg0 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 am

Im sorry, but it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone would flag anything I've posted.

Am I wrong in assuming the Moderators own/operate (i.e. make the site rules)?
Just like police, there's a level of discretion administrators need to use.

Someone bumping their post 5 times a day, wanna put a stop to that? Ok.
But me bumping my thread once every couple days, seriously? Is it that necessary?

Do we really have to have a ton of stupid rules to have a decent site? thats like telling everyone on the site "sorry guys, but we dont trust you to act like adults"...... its insulting.
g0CRXg0

Postby Dave_Darling » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm

It's only insulting if you want to feel insulted. And if you do, you'll find something or another to feel insulted about.

So what is your beef anyway? Is it that this site has rules? Is it that you feel the rules are enforced erratically? Is it that you feel you have been singled out for enforcement?

-The site has rules. There's no way around it, unless you want this to turn into H-T where people seem to go out of their way to offend anyone who could possibly be reading. The readership has agreed, either explicitly by voting or implicitly by coming here, that those rules are appropriate. As far as I can tell, just about all of the rules have actually been voted on by the members of the forum at the time they were enacted.

-Enforcement is not completely uniform. That's a fact of life and it is difficult to fix. We have a (relatively) limited number of mods, and they are only human. Flag stuff that is inappropriate and move on with your day.

-You feel that you have been singled out. Sorry, but we can't do much about your feelings, those are entirely yours and you have to deal with them.

--DD
"Mango Bango", 1990 CRX Si -- Sold on 10/01/11, with over 227,000 miles.

VTEC is Honda's "select a cam profile on the fly" system; VTECH is a crappy phone.
Dave_Darling

Postby Baker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 am

g0CRXg0 wrote:Do we really have to have a ton of stupid rules to have a decent site? thats like telling everyone on the site "sorry guys, but we dont trust you to act like adults"...... its insulting.

The site needs rules, you have 0 rules and the quality of the site will deteriorate.
But you can't have a site on the opposite end of that spectrum either, over-moderated.

daveb91 wrote: They usually fix everything I flag though.

I too have had the same experience, they are good about dealing with those.
If ppl see problems with posts, they should use the report button.

g0CRXg0 wrote:Just like police, there's a level of discretion administrators need to use.

Not here there isn't....

From a "commom" member standpoint, I used to like this place a lot and had a vested interest to see it grow, do write ups, gather and organize info for the new members to read and learn from.
A POV from both sides of the fence, to not see it NOT supported and to constantly coddle and spoon-feed, what are ppl learning, and do they even really care to learn for themselves, is a disappointment.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby Baker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 am

With all the chatter on this forum, how it's run, the ppl behind it, stroked ego's, inconsistencies, etc, I've heard via PM from another member that posts are being deleted?
At the very least "removed" without PM'ing the author? :tsk:
I thought this was a big NO, NO and one of the things this place was NOT going to turn into? :nono:
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby inthewoods » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Baker wrote:With all the chatter on this forum, how it's run, the ppl behind it, stroked ego's, inconsistencies, etc, I've heard via PM from another member that posts are being deleted?
At the very least "removed" without PM'ing the author? :tsk:
I thought this was a big NO, NO and one of the things this place was NOT going to turn into? :nono:

The only "deleted" post are spam and sometimes a double post, but most of those go to the trash. Other than that anything moved to the trash "should" also have a PM letting the user know the post was being moderated.

fyi...
deleted = permanently removed from the forum, and not recoverable.
trash = removed from the public forum and placed in a Admin/Moderator accessible forum, and is recoverable.
inthewoods

Postby jfrolang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Baker wrote:I've heard via PM from another member that posts are being deleted?

Can you forward me that PM?
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby AJHS2011 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Do mod's not have control to view members P.M's?
AJHS2011

Postby jfrolang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 pm

One would need to sift through the server database to read another person's PMs. Only crxfisher has that kind of access.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby Baker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 am

jfrolang wrote:
Baker wrote:I've heard via PM from another member that posts are being deleted?

Can you forward me that PM?

I told him to contact you directly, this was the PM I got from that member.
I told him regardless, to bring this issue up anyway.
By the sounds of it, moved or deleted, you've got a mod not following proper protocol... :nono:

I spent a little time looking for the thread where my post was deleted, but it seems to have disappeared too.. Im more than happy to confront jfro on this, and if the thread reappears Ill do just that, but until that time there doesn't appear to be much I can do without any evidence, guess Ill see if it happens again, I can tell you that it was deleted by downest if that helps..
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby jfrolang » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

So... a member says a post was removed without being told about it but he knows downest did it? Both of those things can't be true.

I would recommend for this mystery member to contact me. Bringing it up in public without details accomplishes nothing, unless of course the intent is to just start fires.
jfrolang
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to crxcommunity.com Site Suggestions & Issues