Honda CRX Forum banner

El Chapulin Colorado: More work....

158K views 531 replies 85 participants last post by  nylumiro24 
#1 ·
Yeah, I finally took my Rex (chapulin Colorado) to the shop to be painted... It will be a complete paint restoration. I dont have the tools to do it myself so I have to pay someone to do it. The most important thing is that it gets done.
Also, I spoke to the manager to see if he let me sneak in to snap some pics of the during work time and he agreed.

I know you guys probably seen it but here are some pics of it....

Before, when I bought it (clean body, no rust)...

A little after the before with the LUMIRO love into it...

Now, JDM front end conversion...

After paint job...

I also bought a used bumper lip, installed Si stock tail lights, rear disc conv, DA front bakes, re-upholstered the front seats and the engine is squedule to arrive in my appt on the 4th... there are some other stuff done to it and in my appt waiting to be installed, I got a list for it, but I will release it later when it is completly done...here is a pic of my seats, I manage to adquire Si head rest for them...
BEFORE

AFTER

I'll keep this post updated, Might belong to the modification garage but I'm just posting to share with the community my little progress....

Adilson[/img]

See less See more
#13 ·
lerxst88 said:
hey how did you go about restoring those seats?
I met a guy here in Ft Bragg who's friend knows how to work with carpets, and fabrics but never restored seats before, so I challenged him. He did a pretty good job for $100, I helped him out with the head rest. man what a PITA that was.
jfrolang said:
I think Torino Red is the right choice, it will stand out more than another Rio Red SiR clone.
thats is another reason why I decided to keep like it is and my budget is also kinda low.
Krix said:
Man your really coming along with it. Keep up the good work and remember pics pics pics when it comes back from paint.
yeap, remember when me and my friends were struguling to get it running that day u got those parts?... came out to be the safe switch in the clutch pedal. Like 3 "supose to be" mechanics looked at it and I was right all the time.

But other than that, I got new front and rear S/D rotors, ceramic pads, Skunk2 Pro shocks, and a OEM replacement clutch and fly wheel for the engine on its way here too. A got a cheap set of red strut bars fron ebay (upper, lower front; upper, lower rear), I am hoping to have it ready for N14, working on the barraks parking lot is not helping at all. I already submitted my pass request so it can be approved on time for N14.

Adilson

#18 ·
here some more pics of stuff for the car....

the Cheapies strut bars, I tried them on and they fit pretty good, I was impressed...

The stock replacement clutch (flywheel is still pending)

and the bumper lip, wich I am working on to get rid of all the scratches, I'll paint it on friday after I come back from the field, Its raining today....

and the tail lights already mounted

You're probably asking yourself how I got that Panducky sticker, lol....SiR badge, I had some guys checking my car out thinking that I was a real SiR, lol

#19 ·
I stopped by the paint shop to check on the progress of the car... Can you believe they have not started on my car yet?.... man I was mad....
but luckly, to better the day I got some more packages in that day too, so my anger lowed down a little bit.
Here the pic of the rex in line....

and here the goodies.... Skunk2 shocks, OP S&D F-R rotors, brake pads, Bride short shifter and Integra type R shift nob

[/img]

#23 ·
nylumiro24 said:
here some more pics of stuff for the car....

the Cheapies strut bars, I tried them on and they fit pretty good, I was impressed...

The stock replacement clutch (flywheel is still pending)

and the bumper lip, wich I am working on to get rid of all the scratches, I'll paint it on friday after I come back from the field, Its raining today....

and the tail lights already mounted

You're probably asking yourself how I got that Panducky sticker, lol....SiR badge, I had some guys checking my car out thinking that I was a real SiR, lol
What are the lengths of the strut bars? I picked one up dirt cheap and if it isn't even close im gonna get rid of it rather than buying new brackets/ studs for it

#26 ·
jfrolang said:
If you already have ground controls you won't be "upgrading" by getting a set of static-drop springs. At least not the way I see it.
thats why Im not buying springs now, the coilover are doing a great job for me (with the stock shocks).

cleanpigpen said:
What are the lengths of the strut bars? I picked one up dirt cheap and if it isn't even close im gonna get rid of it rather than buying new brackets/ studs for it
the upper strut for the engine bay fits fine, dont know the actual meassurement of it, and before I took the car to the shop I test fit the rear upper wich its a lil short, I am giving it to my brother so he can try it on his civic, its not a for sale sign will be posted. I didnt have a chance to test fit the lower front and rear struts. I'll get some measurement when I get back to my appt and post them.

Krix said:
You dropped your car off over 2 weeks ago and they havent touched it?
they have not even taken it appart yet. This is the excuse they gave me: :we have a few ensurance work orders that have priority over walk-ins". I almost went off on that dude.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.