(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

A cr-x thread - Now with ef7

Show off your CRX. Member rides, pictures, project threads and galleries can go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

A cr-x thread - Now with ef7

Postby audmcrx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 am

I thought I should make a post about the stuff im doing to my car, just so i can use it later if i ever wanted to look back on stuff.
Chances are it wont be updated that often as im doing everything at a pretty slow pace, because ive owned it and have been working on things for about a year this first post will be pretty big

Its an 88 audm model with the d16a8 dohc engine in blade silver, my goal is to have a nice number of period correct items added over time. Im going for a somewhat factory look whilst also keeping the whole "thats a modded car" thing.

Anyway, here is what it was like when I picked it up, a little rough but nothing some tlc cant fix

First steps were to clean it all out and touch up any places where faded
I used a trim blackening product on the plastics and it worked great
Sanded and sprayed the door edges and wipers with a matte black, came out pretty good in my opinion

Replaced the original broken rear garnish with one from the same year, still havnt decided if I want to remove the crx sticker like it was on the old one or not

Original speakers were beyond saving so I picked up a set of nice waterproof ones
Whilst pulling the door cards I found the power window housing was busted too, that got replaced
And all this plastic lining was so old it turned brittle and it had to go, still looking for a replacement...

I picked up a rear seat setup because I wasnt using the cargo box and the seats look much nicer to me. You can also see the replacement power window system and some corner lights I got
And yes I did clean it all out before putting the new stuff in
Much nicer, except for that cargo box parcel shelf
Last edited by audmcrx on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
audmcrx

Re: A cr-x thread

Postby audmcrx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:06 am

Package and a rear seat compatible cargo cover, all the way from germany
And inside the package was a set of barely used mud flaps
And a nice sticker for the dash

Big boxes for big things
Complete with center caps, stems and logos. Im still looking for a set of aero discs, so if anyone knows a guy...
And the downside
Getting to work on them, some rash but it wasnt too bad
A bit of polish
The end result
The others
I wish it took as little time as it did to take and post these pictures, no way im doing it again

Locking nuts
And now they are fitted

Next step will be a bit of body work, a couple of dents need to come out and I want to re-seat the bumpers
audmcrx

Postby audmcrx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 am

Nabbed myself a mugen wing, ive always thought its the best looking aero choice.
It probably wont be going on any time soon, I want to sort out the rest of the bodywork first

I think these are the original brackets too but they look to be in pretty bad shape, they dont feel like they are going to give way when i apply force to them but ill see what I can do in terms of picking up a repro set
audmcrx

Postby audmcrx » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:19 am

Some small stuff but nothing too interesting, I have been busy preparing for a new job

The center console air vent was toast so I had to replace that, easy stuff

I found a set of bass tubes which I picked up, i'll have to sort out the wiring and find a head unit that can support the extra outputs down the line but it is nice to have a set

I got attacked by my OCD and had to pull the seats to clean the interior again, it was nice to know there wasnt anything under them. They are getting on in age but they havnt torn too badly yet. Down the line I want to get them repaired if possible

I dont know how this happened or how im going to go about fixing it but this turned up when I was pulling a fender off the car.

I dont know when ill get around to doing any more work but I may have found something very interesting to buy in january so fingers crossed
audmcrx

Postby daveb91 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Nice...ship it to me
91 CRX Si JRSC Turboedit ECU
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
daveb91

Postby dc2rx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 am

sick recognized the red p plate,
dc2rx

Postby audmcrx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am

Unfortunately I have sold this car, I have been offered an ef8 SiR which was basically what I was aiming to emulate with this car.
I wont be leaving the cr-x boat but this particular car has been given a new home and I hope the new owner will enjoy it as much as I have.

I hope I can post some nice pictures of a new car in the coming week or two
audmcrx

Postby audmcrx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

Looks like my images have broken, if they arent fixed over the next day or two ill go back through and re upload everything to fix it

I got myself an ef7 glasstop, so far all ive done is swap my old mugen wheels over but she'll be getting a going over during the next few days
My friend who was nice enough to drive me to pick the car up took a few photos with his fancy new phone, can you tell where he stopped and I took over?
audmcrx

Re: A cr-x thread - Now with ef7

Postby audmcrx » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:29 am

I had some time to I put the car up on some jack stands and gave it a proper look over, the only visible issues I could see was a torn tie rod boot on the passenger side and a very slight oil leak which seems to be coming from the bottom end so I will look into it a bit more and if its what I think it is I'll change the oil pan gasket and the tie rods

I also went over the rear hatch area and covered up any cracks I could see with sealant, apparently its a sandable type so down the line when/if I want to get paint touched up I can sand it down a bit and give it a coat so it looks like it was never there

I also started working on fixing my ALB dash light, I pulled all 4 wheel sensors and cleaned them off as they were caked with grime but that didnt really do anything other than making the light come on a little later than it used to.
I then took a look at the ecu but didnt see any lights, it took me an hour to remember there was a standalone computer in the back fro the ALB system.
It flashed 3 times but I dont know what that means as the only info on the system I can find is for hondas from the late 90s. I dont know if its all the same or not so if anyone has any idea that would be great.

Tomorrow ill be getting a quote on the tie rod repair to see if I can get it done for less than what it would cost to do myself, if not parts will be ordered
audmcrx

Postby dc2rx » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:03 am

looks good, do you feel its really upgrade from the ed9?
dc2rx

Postby audmcrx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:22 am

dc2rx wrote:looks good, do you feel its really upgrade from the ed9?

Thank you
In my personal experience it makes a lot less noise, there are barely any interior rattles, but thats probably just to do with my particular car. The radio also works in the new one, which it didnt in my last one
I have a better time getting up hills in the zc than the a8, thats about all ive noticed mechanically
audmcrx

Postby audmcrx » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 am

She's currently up on stands in my garage having some front end work done, steering rack boots have been changed and ive ordered new tie rod ends which should be turning up on Monday. It will be great to get it back on the road again.

Ive ordered new rear window rubbers too, which will be going in down the line. The problem with this is that they look so nice ill have to go over the entire car and replace as many as I can get my hands on. It wont be cheap

I also picked up some goodies, dont know when or if they will be going in but its nice to have stuff
audmcrx

Postby Tasos_7R » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:50 am

I like it so far!! You've made a lot of progress. :-)b The fog lights are new??? They look awesome!!! 8)
Frost White CRX 1.6i-VT EE8
Tasos_7R

Postby audmcrx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Thank you
I have not done very much since my last post because a lot of the stuff I am trying to get a hold of is hard to find and all I can do is wait for it to show up on the used market

Ive since got a hold of a set of cf48 aero discs, they came looking pretty dull but I think I cleaned them up nicely

Ive also replaced all the rubber trims around the windows, minute the glass roof as ive not been able to find the parts. If they exist at all

I got a set of window visors from sloshed, they are very very nice

A few dress up pieces came too, a g1 mugen oil cap and a sw4 steering wheel, I do have a proper horn button coming in the post, its just not here yet

The next job will be getting engine mounts and bushings installed, it should happen over the next week or two
audmcrx

Postby JMZ4001 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Nice work!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
JMZ4001

Postby Rex All Day » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am

Any more progress?
Black 1991 CRX Si - 1.6 SOHC ZC motor.
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=62162
Rex All Day

Postby sloshed » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Very nice work. Following closely. Glad you like those visors.
My '89 EF7 CR-X : Sloshed Project Thread
Might want to look here too :
Misc Parts for Sale
Misc Parts Needed
sloshed
Vendor
Vendor

Postby Jzxcrx1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 am

audmcrx wrote:
Ive also replaced all the rubber trims around the windows,

Where can these window scrapers be bought?
Jzxcrx1

Postby audmcrx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am

Thank you everyone

Jzxcrx1 wrote:
audmcrx wrote:Ive also replaced all the rubber trims around the windows,

Where can these window scrapers be bought?

I imported them from yahoo auctions

A couple small things got done since the last update, I put new engine mounts in and now there is no shaking at idle which is nice, the rear bushings were a bit beyond me so ill have to get them done at a later date by someone with the tools to do so.
I rubbed back the mugen spoiler and its ready for primer and a final going over before paint

There was a big storm recently and unfortunately led to water getting in the rear of the car and at the drivers footwell, good news is that the rear leak was due to the tail lights being caked with 25 years of gunk, they are all good now. Ive ordered new gaskets which will go on when they arrive and I have the lenses and rear garnish a polish when they were off the car
I also pulled the from cowl and cleaned up all the gunk that was blocking the drainage hole. I may have to pull the air duct and reseal it but as far as I know the problem was fixed with the clean.
I noticed the weatherstripping on the cowl itself was toast so i cleaned it all off and put some new stuff on, it should keep any more leaves from falling down under the plastic now

Ive managed to get a hold of a genuine mugen ef7 kit, which needs to be freighted to Australia but before that I want to get the rear bushings done, source a proper ef7 bonnet with the bump and get a couple of small things tidied up like having the windshield pulled so I can replace the rubber trim
audmcrx

Postby sicknick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am

Love it :-)b
sicknick

Postby audmcrx » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:19 am

I was hit going to the shops in early December and the car was written off, the entire driver side was pushed in and down and the passenger side was damaged as well. I was paid out by insurance but the car is unrepairable
Ive only just gotten over it and started to pull the car apart for spares and to make room for my next one.
Overall it has been terrible but its all happened now and now I have a very special car lined up which I hope to show in a couple of weeks
Im sorry
audmcrx

Postby sicknick » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:37 am

audmcrx wrote:I was hit going to the shops in early December and the car was written off, the entire driver side was pushed in and down and the passenger side was damaged as well. I was paid out by insurance but the car is unrepairable
Ive only just gotten over it and started to pull the car apart for spares and to make room for my next one.
Overall it has been terrible but its all happened now and now I have a very special car lined up which I hope to show in a couple of weeks
Im sorry

Sorry to hear :cry:
sicknick

Return to The Showroom