Honda CRX Forum banner

TYetti's 90 CRX SI: smashed :(

71K views 330 replies 39 participants last post by  tommy 
#1 ·
New car new thread the old one will no longer be updated!!!

Day one pics

There are a couple rust spots as you can see in the pics but this one believe it or not has even less rust than my dx, it's got a couple bumps and bruises but nothing major, clean title no accidents, 206,000 kms basically it's been left alone other than the stupid fog lights and the even more ghetto alarm both will be removed as soon as it stops raining, the drivers door card has some dog damage but other than that it's great needs a detail badly, and it's got a vaccume leak. After that it should be gtg but can't really go wrong for 500 bones :D lol gonna do some maintenance and go on from there !!!

See less See more
#3 ·
sloshed said:
Nice pick up. Looks like you just hard reset your old CRX and restart all over again from level 0 one year later. So what will you do differently this time? Do you pretty much have it planned out already. :D
Lol I know eh, little different this one has a sunroof lol, umm I'm hoping this time around the engine doesn't explode after a week knock on wood, I'd like to take her out and run in one of the stock auto x classes although it will not stay d series forever, suspension and cosmetic mods are set already just cut and paste from the last one, for the first bit here I'm just gonna drive it while I get the insurance stuff sorted out with the 4runner

#5 ·
vanrij said:
NIce pick up. Just looks like fix here and there and it's perfect.
Ya I gotta go find my old Rex and steal the front mud flaps and my fittipaldi indy's back lol

Seriously..

But ya like I said a good detail some maintenance here and there and she's golden everything after that is golden, I'm in love with the stock shifter lol Out of the 3crx's I've had this one is the most stock

#12 ·
Yes yes it is :D

Working on a couple Minor issues giving her a good clean and trying to fix a surgine idle, none of the vaccume hoses are cracked, it's not sucking extra air in from the idle screw (it's happened to me before) kinda leaning towards iacv ima play with it some more and see what I can come up with ....

Still loving how stock this car is I almost don't wanna mess with it lol almost !!!

#16 ·
Lol I think cagedrex has the omage to the red Crx on lockdown but yes they are well represented !!!

No time to waste, apparently the idle screw turned another 3 turns lol oops I gave up to quickly!! So idle fixed now yay !!

And some de ricing
Before

After

And my first face palm

I also picked up my rear mud flaps but my buddy couldn't find the fronts se he's gonna keep looking for me till then I will continue to be flapless lol

#18 ·
Lol I can't everyone here knows once you start you can't stop

Doing some more peace of mind checking tonIght at my buddy's shop, the kid I bought this off was a first year apprentice mechanic and his work makes me afraid... Like the bungee cord battery tie down :?

#21 ·
cagedrex said:
TYetti said:
Lol I can't everyone here knows once you start you can't stop

Doing some more peace of mind checking tonIght at my buddy's shop, the kid I bought this off was a first year apprentice mechanic and his work makes me afraid... Like the bungee cord battery tie down :?
lol
Yeah scary ain't it? Some people should just not be allowed around a car, trained or not! I truly despise bungee cord battery hold downs too. I'd much rather use giant zip ties before a bungee cord. At least it would hold better and not look nearly as ghetto. :lol:

JD3CRXSi said:
WOOHOOOOOO!!!! ANOTHER ONE!!! Congrats! :) I just picked up mine not too long ago...and Im a bit jealous that you found one for $500. I paid 3,100 for mine. OUCH! Cars blue book is $1,200.
:cookoo: <--------That would be me. Hahaha.
Don't worry, you still paid $700 less than I did for mine :wink:

#22 ·
JD3CRXSi said:
WOOHOOOOOO!!!! ANOTHER ONE!!! Congrats! :) I just picked up mine not too long ago...and Im a bit jealous that you found one for $500. I paid 3,100 for mine. OUCH! Cars blue book is $1,200.
:cookoo: <--------That would be me. Hahaha.
I hope it's mint, but I sold my dx for 3000, you don't usually see crx's that are even kinda nice locally for less than 2g's

Ya so the timing belt was off by a tooth so that's all fixed now and it's running Better, except the short ram intake whistles and is driving me crazy!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.