(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

Air conditioning kit

Got a problem with your stock CRX? This is where you should start.

Moderator: Moderators

Air conditioning kit

Postby Scrubbyj427 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 am

Hi guys,
Question regarding air con, my 89 crx had it’s AC removed some time ago and I would like to instal it again. Does anyone offer a kit or do I need to start searching through eBay for everything ? I’d like to keep everything stock so no modifications are necessary. Any help l/advice is appreciated.

Thanks
JJ
Scrubbyj427

Re: Air conditioning kit

Postby JMZ401 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Google this- 94 Sanden AC Compressor in CRX

You're going to want most stuff new anyway.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
JMZ401

Postby Scrubbyj427 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 am

Has anyone had any luck with the sanden TRF090 on a mostly stock set up aside from the parallel condenser? Also will it work with the stock bracket on a stock block? Appreciate any input.
Scrubbyj427

Postby BrakeExpert » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Depends how much "stuff" was removed. Do you still have all the wiring? If so, you need the aluminum lines, flex lines, compressor, condensor, filter/dryer and evaporator box. If you go junkyard hunting, many of these parts will translate from the EF civic, and of couse are easier to get new/reman (more money of course) from a parts store.

Yes I'd reccomend swapping to an R134a style compressor...if you want. R134a is of course cheaper and doesnt require a licence (or chinese websites or luck finding people selling cans). You will need to retrofit but know if you keep the original compressor and retrofit to 134a, your capacity will go down, so itll work but not quite as well as when it was new. Think of it as rebuilding an engine with lower compression pistons.
BrakeExpert

Return to Stock Garage