Honda CRX Forum banner

TD03U distributor and code 8.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jlicrx 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post..
i am from South Africa and have a 91 CRX (D16A9) all still original with 199 000km on the clock. I am aware that I have to replace the whole distributor due to code 8 TDC sensor code, but I would like to ask if anyone has had the same issue where the CEL light comes on only once car is at normal operating temperature, after I have reset the ECU with hazard fuse to clear code. Is that normal? I would think it would pick up code straight away..
From start up it idles rough and has build up of deposits on tail pipe which I assume is the TDC issue in distributor, it also idles very high and takes a long time to come down.
So if anyone has had similar issue relating to code 8 and engine operating temperature, your input would be much appreciated.
Also, there weren't many CRX's in South Africa and certainly not many left in one piece, so I have to source a new replacement distributor from US or UK, if anyone could suggest the best after market option, price is an issue due to exchange rate..
Looking forward to any response, thanks.

#2 ·
Steve76_SA said:
Also, there weren't many CRX's in South Africa and certainly not many left in one piece, so I have to source a new replacement distributor from US or UK, if anyone could suggest the best after market option, price is an issue due to exchange rate.
the distributor is the same as the 88-89 (not 86-87) Acura Integra

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... R&_sacat=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.