Honda CRX Forum banner

99 integra LS vss help

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mossin_90 
#1 ·
Hello crx community.
I am looking for a vss for my other car and would like to know if matters if the car is manual or auto.
Everything I see is listed is for manual transmission.

The odd thing is that I have no codes for it other than the speedometer doesn't work.
I jumped the blue plug and the ABS light flashed 61 but no abs light either.
I have not tried using the cruise control, since the speedo doesn't work I know it won't work.
I unplugged the connector and nothing right away but after a few min it worked until the car was shut off. Now not working again.
I am very confused with this thing, no codes but doesn't work. :dizzy: :dizzy:

T.I.A

#2 ·
hello anyone?

car is a 1999 integra. bad speed sensor or appears that way.
no cell codes from ck engine light. N0 codes from scanner.
no abs solid light although it populated code 61 after I juped the blue plug.
but again its confusing that the car has a dead spedometer and no lights are on.

does it matters if its auto or manual for the sensor?

#4 ·
Hi Baker
the car is a 99 integra automatic transmission 100% stock. from what I've seen it is a bit confusing because Ive seen vendors list the vss as 5 sp where as others say nothing for auto trans. and some do list for auto with same part number.

something tells me if the parts # is the same then its ok BUT my concern is ending up where I started. the car was always running 8mph off, showing I was going i.e 48mph when I was doing 40mph. now is just dead.
I wonder if there is really a difference between them.

I removed the plug and its all clean and no signs of loose or corroded contacts. I put it back and no show.

I lost my multimeter so I'll be visiting HD or Lowes to get me something to get me by.

Ill keep posted. thanks for the RE:
:)b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.