(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1987 Crx Si First mods

Looking for information specific to your 1st gen? Find it here.

Moderator: Moderators

1987 Crx Si First mods

Postby Hondahead1998 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:51 pm

What’s good I’m new too the Crx community! Just scoop an ‘87 Crx Si, very excited for my first project car. Looking to do some of the earlier first stage modifications. Not to sure where to start.. I was thinking suspension, wheels and tires? Any recommendations on brands for these parts. I’ve been told it can be a bit hard to find things that fit the 1st gen Crx, so links would be helpfully!
Hondahead1998

Re: 1987 Crx Si First mods

Postby BrakeExpert » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:35 am

Well this is just opinion from me but I for one would do tires first, wheels and tires if you want. By modern standards these older cars have relatively thin tires, so going wider and bigger is a plus, forged of course will save weight. Typically going to like a 14x6 or 15x6.5 would be good but keep the weight down, and youd go to like a 195 or 205 wide tire, which will improve braking and cornering at the same time. And for me, brakes. The brakes are also very small, but you can upgrade from another Honda, like from say a 91 CRX Si. If your interested, shoot me a PM.
BrakeExpert

Re: 1987 Crx Si First mods

Postby Baker » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 am

BrakeExpert wrote:Well this is just opinion from me but I for one would do tires first, wheels and tires if you want.

I concur, going with a more modern wheel and tire set up would be an improvement.

Hondahead1998 wrote: I’ve been told it can be a bit hard to find things that fit the 1st gen Crx!

It's hard to find replacement parts as well...
Baker
Mr. Search

Return to 1st Generation CRX