(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

1985 CRX distributor

Looking for information specific to your 1st gen? Find it here.

Moderator: Moderators

1985 CRX distributor

Postby laoballaboi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I need some help please. I have a 1985 CRX Si that did not pass smog here in California. I failed due to my timing being off. I took my car to the mechanic and they tried to adjust the timing but were not able to get it to the correct timing. They believe I will need my distributor replaced or rebuilt. I have been having a hard time finding a replacement distributor online. Does anyone have any advice or know of a place where I can get one?

Thanks for your time and assistance.
laoballaboi

Re: 1985 CRX distributor

Postby CRXSWFL » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:36 pm

I think A1 Cardone sells rebuilt units, or can rebuild yours. IIRC, the 86-87 Si has the same distributor, besides the plug connectors.

Did you check that the centrifugal advance weights are freely moving and lubricated? Did you check that the vacuum canisters are in good condition and that the plate they control is freely moving and lubricated? Is your cam timing correct?
CRXSWFL

Re: 1985 CRX distributor

Postby 1987 CR-X HF » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:34 pm

The above post points to some good questions. If you need a rebuilt unit, they are available from cardone. I just checked rockauto and they have a send-and-return option. "Return and Rebuild Service Only - You send your part to be rebuilt and returned to you. We'll email shipping instructions after you submit your order."
1987 CR-X HF

Return to 1st Generation CRX