(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

How-To: Convert Auto to Manual

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kinder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:46 pm

whats the trick for reinstalling the axles. I counted the splines on them and the tranny to be sure they're the same. But I can't get them to go all the way in.do I need to hammer them in with a rubber mallet or something? how do I avoid damaging the boot?
kinder

Postby jfrolang » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:48 pm

kinder wrote:whats the trick for reinstalling the axles. I counted the splines on them and the tranny to be sure they're the same. But I can't get them to go all the way in.do I need to hammer them in with a rubber mallet or something? how do I avoid damaging the boot?

I've really never had trouble with axles clicking into place. A couple light pushes and they slide right in for me. Since you're doing a B-swap are you sure you have the axles on the correct side? Will either side go in?
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby kinder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:06 pm

nope they both stop about the same spot. I'll try flipping them to the opposite sides
kinder

Postby kinder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:31 pm

okay, tried flipping them and still won't go in. I took the axle with the shorter spline and removed the cotter pin(looks like a half circle) at the end of it and it slid right in with no problem. so i'm gonna put the pin back on and try to squeeze it tighter to the spline.
kinder

Postby ZachSettle » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:19 pm

I'd love to see the pictures working on here again. :[ Maybe pictures of all the parts too.
'91 Black DX [auto *gags*]
ZachSettle

Re: How-To: Convert Auto to Manual

Postby importcustomx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:49 am

this is the eltrical loop

taken from this website
http://www.dreambeamz.com/crx/auto2man.htm
importcustomx
skunkwhore

Postby cramideas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

can u fix the pics? thnks or just more detail on how to wire up the rear auto harness to the manual trans. it says run two wires to this (image) idk what that is lol
cramideas

Postby jfrolang » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 pm

All the wiring pics you should need are in the link that importcustomx posted just above.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Postby Fiveinchbodydrop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 am

The 89 CRX Dx needs to have the bracket and hole drilled in the firewall. and the rear shifter mount holes drilled. I just did mine and thought I would post that it is different than the 91. The way I understand it is the 88 all, and 89 HF are the only pillar mounted seatbelts. The 88/89 had the same seats and I havent seen a blue box in any of the ones I have had. I only buy 88/89.
Fiveinchbodydrop

Postby bhawk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:06 pm

none of the pictures load for me.
I'm tryin to engine/and trans swap a 91 crx. im a little lost on what to do exactly for wiring if I were to put a b series in it. just change ecu and wire harness to manual ? what about the interior fuse box ?
bhawk

Postby jfrolang » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm

I don't have the original pics, and they were hosted off-site. Sorry.

The wiring for a B-series swap with a MPFI conversion and manual conversion is just a combination of all those things. The easiest thing to do would be to buy a swap harness for your particular car and engine. Rywire used to do them, I think SSR is a good source too, but I'm out of the game. You will still have to add wiring from the reverse switch on the transmission back to where the AT shifter was.
jfrolang
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Modification Garage