(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

question about struts/coilovers

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

question about struts/coilovers

Postby bhawk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 pm

I have a 91 d series automatic I'm in the process of converting to b series manual. I've read you have to change over to si hibs/knuckles , are the stock (base model) control arms tie rods etc directly bolt to the si hubs? I'm going to be redoing the whole suspension and steering system as well , but would just like some sort of verification that there isnt a difference in the fitment if parts. appreciate any and all info . thanks
bhawk

Re: question about struts/coilovers

Postby ykf7b0 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 am

bhawk wrote:I have a 91 d series automatic I'm in the process of converting to b series manual. I've read you have to change over to si hibs/knuckles , are the stock (base model) control arms tie rods etc directly bolt to the si hubs? I'm going to be redoing the whole suspension and steering system as well , but would just like some sort of verification that there isnt a difference in the fitment if parts. appreciate any and all info . thanks

I cannot answer your question directly but I will tell you how to find out. Log on to a parts supplier such as Hondapartsonline or NAPA and pull up the parts needed (si), then pull up the parts that are on the car and see if the parts numbers are the same.
Black 1989 D16A6 si
ykf7b0

Postby Myriad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:46 am

Check the FAQ here; most your answers will be answered there.

Most of your hardware won't change; You don't have the Hf model. You don't have the fancy rear disc brakes either, but whatever. You'll need to do a little cutting and jerry-rigging for the shifter to work. The electrical will be the hardest: The cabin wire loom, ecu, gage cluster.

My :twocents:, K-swap is way better in every way. I wish I went with it instead of my B-swap. My last replacement engine was a frankenstein B18b block/b16a head that the previous owner ran until metal flakes came out the oil filter.
The LumberJack and Big Red. It's happening; slowly, but still.

I've got a filter for my mouth, it just isn't a good one.
Myriad

Postby bhawk » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:39 am

I'd no doubt prefer to go k series , it's just a little more costly and I dont know if they make mounts that will bolt directly to the frame without doing any kind of metal fab
bhawk

Return to Modification Garage