(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

How to: Add Air Conditioning to your CRX

Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How to: Add Air Conditioning to your CRX

Postby EF RaceRR » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:41 pm

yisertom wrote:awesome post.. going to attempt this

http://freeturbokits.com/

Spam?
R Spirit
EF RaceRR

Postby snarflebits » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Never mind... :biggrin:
"I do one thing at a time. I do it well, then I move on" - Al Baty
"Make your own luck" - Rob Dyrdek
My Build Thread
snarflebits

Postby keastland » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

feel wrote:actually, did the compressor ever engage before it all leaked out or did it leak out super fast? iirc even without refrigerant, the two fans still turn on just not the compressor.

I'm not sure if anyone comments on this later in the this thread, but for what it's worth... I don't think this is true.

My AC stopped working for me and in the process of troubleshooting through, I tested the dual pressure switch with a continuity tester and the fans started up (they didn't run at all prior to that). I then found that my coolant level was low and filled it. As I was filling it, once I got enough refrigerant in the system, the fans and compressor kicked on at the same time.

Just wanted to post that for people trying to troubleshoot through their issues in the future.
1991 CRX-DX/HF
D15B6
keastland

Postby vangbang » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:16 am

Just got a complete ac system cheap from a 88 crx, installing steadily on my 91 crx si, tips- the small yellow and green plug behind climate control fit right in, my crx is a NON OPTION ac, just pop in a ac button, there is a plug behind climate control, as for the evap plug there is a hidden plug under rug, top of ecu, so far everything looks to be fitting together, ive gotten quotes from junkyard parts just for lines, condesor, compressor, evap come almost to 200. Thats not including all mounts, wiring harness, ect, So it will get pricey,
vangbang

Postby patman_begins » Sun May 17, 2015 11:17 am

So I'm adding AC to my 89 Si, got a complete setup and almost everything is in. It's probably been answered already but I can't seem to find the plug for the wiring harness connector coming into the car through the firewall. I got the thermostat hooked up to the evaporator but I can't locate the other connector. I don't want to pull up my carpet, but can someone post a pic of where it exactly is. Once I'm done with that I can put my glove box back on, I did have to replace the 2 rubber grommets on the glove box since were dried out. Last thing left is the compressor mount followed by the Sanden compressor. Thanks in advance.
patman_begins

Postby bobski » Sun May 17, 2015 1:45 pm

patman_begins wrote:I don't want to pull up my carpet
It's under the carpet and/or sound insulating pad.
bobski

Postby NovaVTEC » Mon May 18, 2015 1:30 am

You don't have to pull up much, the connector is tied to the harness close to the ecu. Just have a good look where the harness runs.
Flint Black EE8 - All OEM Baby!
NovaVTEC

Postby patman_begins » Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Found the connector under the insulation pad, so thanks to all who answered.
patman_begins

Previous

Return to Modification Garage