Honda CRX Forum banner

'89 CRX z6 mini me swap

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CRXanatos 
#1 ·
Hey guys I put a post up in the showroom as the actual build moves further ahead but for now I'm just trying to get this thing to run right.

Motor is a stock d15b2 bottom end with a d16z6 head. It has a stock p28 ecu that I do plan on getting chipped and I feel like that could be the source of my problems.

The car is running rich I believe. I can smell gas at idle, it launches very slowly and the acceleration is sporadic through 1st and 2nd gear.

Only other thing is I had a DC4 Integra that had similar problems with the launch and it was the timing being a tooth off so I need to check timing as well.

Previous owner says the plugs are NGK Iridium's and less than a month old, I'm taking it to Neil Sutton over in Tampa who saved my last build (b20z swap integra) hopefully Monday but anything I can do in the meantime helps. I will be filling the tank with premium and half a can of fuel system cleaner which should help.

My main concern right now is that it gave me a CEL Wednesday night and I checked it and I got two long blinks and then a short one which I understand to be code 21

21*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 ** 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 n/a 93-95
VTEC Solenoid Valve
defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve

So I'm going to check these out next.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.