Switch to full site
Engine swaps, bolt-ons, tuning, OBD-1 conversions, forced induction, suspension & brake upgrades, etc.
Forum rules
Post a reply

H22 swap wiring harness questions

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:30 am

I've been been doing an engine swap, putting an H22A Euro-R ('98-01) motor into my '90 CRX Si, and the wiring harness conversion is a bit of a challenge. Electrical has always been one of my weakest areas when it comes to car builds, so forgive me for the dumb questions... Maybe someone can point me to a well written guide?

Right now, I'm extending the wires on the alternator, but not sure how the different color wires match up:

D16 Alternator:
1) white w/yellow stripe
2) solid blue
3) white w/blue stripe
4) Black w/yellow stripe

H22 Alternator
1) white w/red stripe
2) white w/green stripe
3) white w/blue stripe
4) Black w/yellow stripe

Can I assume the ones that are the same, can connect & then I just need to figure out which goes to the solid blue & the white w/yellow stripe?

Re: H22 swap wiring harness questions

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 am

https://hondaswap.com/threads/the-h22-s ... il.205039/

Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:19 pm

Yeah, I saw that one, thank you. But I always have problems with statements like what that person made about the alternator wiring:

"I prefer this method over making your own alternator harness as it's all the correct gauge wire and will not short out. The wire colors should be the same, or "close enough" to the same, between the h22 and the d16 harness..."

I don't like to guess on things, so now I'm doing things the right way on this harness and will just be using wiring schematics from Honda manuals I've retained for both vehicles... I was unable to find the manuals online before (without having to sign up for something wanting my credit card), but looked more diligently today and was able to find them at Hondahookup.com. And in case anyone has the same question I had, regarding alternator wiring, here is the answer:

D16 Alternator:
1) white w/yellow stripe (C)
2) solid blue (ECU)
3) white w/blue stripe (L)
4) Black w/yellow stripe (IG)

H22 Alternator
1) white w/red stripe (ECU)
2) white w/green stripe (C)
3) white w/blue stripe (L)
4) Black w/yellow stripe (IG)

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 am

If I'm interpreting your post correctly, it looks like the destinations of the first two wires are swapped. (C and ECU.) Is that correct?

--DD
Post a reply