Honda CRX Forum banner

CRX MK2 Rear Speaker Brackets

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cementups 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone,

I have a 1990 CRX and I realized that I didn't have rear speakers installed. :dizzy:
So I opened the rear speaker housing and to my surprise there was no speaker bracket..
I went digging on the internet and found some DIY's and others fit's for sale but these were not on stock nowhere, so having some time indoors due to Covid-19 I made some 3D printed ones and they fit like a charm!
Also this supports are for 16.5mm JBL speakers, but the freedom of 3d printing is that you can virtually fit any speaker just by changing the model to the desire size.

I leave some photos for you guys! The final version of the model isn't printed yet because I'm happy enough with the more sharp edges version xD

Hope you like it :D

These are the renders of the final version (soft edges):
CRX_Rear_Speaker_Bracket_FINAL_2020-Jun-03_07-52-34PM-000_CustomizedView10796070888.jpg

CRX_Rear_Speaker_Bracket_FINAL_2020-Jun-03_08-02-05PM-000_CustomizedView10082802539.jpg

And this is printed and installed (sharp edges):
Crx1.jpg

***Continues in next message***

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Crx2.jpg

Crx3.jpg

I'm also in the final touches of making a 3D Printed Bass Tube "Replica", I leave a sneak peek 8)
Honda CRX Bass Tubes_OrangeTree_4WM.jpg

All the parts can be printed in many different colors, or as I like it: Print, sand, wood filler, sand, filler spray, sand, paint, coat, it's a giant difference, you can't tell it's 3D printed :biggrin:

Attachments

#4 ·
Baker said:
What size speaker will the replica bass tubes, hold, I'm guessing they'll be for a 4.5" speaker?

Both items, very cool nonetheless and good options for people who don't/can't pay ridiculous resale prices for the OG versions.
Heyyy!

The replica bass tubes i'm designing are currently made for a 6.5" (16.5cm) because it's my current rear speakers. But I can change and adapt for the requests everyone needs :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.