(Advertisements are not shown for registered users)

SOLD | 1989 HF MT - $2,500 (obo) - Lincoln, NE

Find the perfect CRX here, or post yours for sale.

Moderator: Moderators

SOLD | 1989 HF MT - $2,500 (obo) - Lincoln, NE

Postby LincolnDog1985 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Hey CRX Friends,

I am parting with my daily driver CRX after a new vehicle purchase & upcoming move. It is currently stored in my garage & not seeing much use. Here is the ad & pictures:

https://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-1989-honda-crx-hf-mt/7169369823.html

To quote the ad text:
Due to a recent vehicle purchase, I am selling this vehicle. Drives well though the clutch is worn & could be replaced. Odometor reflects mileage on replacement engine from previous owner. A/C is not functioning. Aftermarket stereo & speakers professionally installed. Comprehensive service history available from 2015 onward available detailing:

Rear struts/springs/hatch-shocks replaced
Rear/front axel have been replaced
Lower control arms, trail arm bushings, & rear bushing replaced
Fuel pump/filter replaced
Radiator replaced

Rear hatch may take on some water after heavy rain though vehicle has spent most of it's life in garage. Vehicle will be sold by 8/15 as I am moving to a new house & won't have room in my garage. $2,500 (or best offer). Call/text 4zero2 five6zero 0eight3six

*edited 7/31 to update post title price, replace Craigslist™ link & quoted text with new & improved text.
Last edited by LincolnDog1985 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LincolnDog1985

Re: Selling '89 HF MT - $3,500 - Lincoln, NE

Postby Baker » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:22 am

LincolnDog1985 wrote:vehicle has spent most of its life in garage.

It has that much rot from being garaged?
When was it repainted?
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby LincolnDog1985 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Admittedly, there was a year where I was in a living situation without a garage from 8/2018 -> 8/2019 & I believe that's where a lot of the rust has come/shown through, but it is now back indoors. I'm not aware if it has been repainted -- if it was, it would have been before 2015 by the previous owner(s).
LincolnDog1985

Postby Baker » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:56 am

LincolnDog1985 wrote:Admittedly, there was a year where I was in a living situation without a garage from 8/2018 -> 8/2019 & I believe that's where a lot of the rust has come/shown through, but it is now back indoors. I'm not aware if it has been repainted -- if it was, it would have been before 2015 by the previous owner(s).

It's been repainted, the dead giveaway is that all the moldings (middle trim and lower trim, along with bottom of the bumpers) are supposed to be black. Which leads me to believe it was already rotten and was "fixed" when they repainted it. This is why I don't believe that rot is from it not being garaged for a year.
That rot didn't start and all of the sudden just appeared over a year, it's pretty extensive.
It's a poor quality paint job to hide the poor quality prep which was supposed to hide the blemishes and rot from before.
Baker
Mr. Search

Postby LincolnDog1985 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:44 pm

I checked the trim & it looks like you may have been right. I took a pic of where it appears to have been black at one point. I've updated the ad w/the VIN & pics of the underside for anyone curious. As Craigslist only allows up to 24 pics (& the ad may expire in a couple weeks), I've uploaded all the pics & a few vids to my Google Drive.

Your comments could make it seem like I'm trying to pull something sneaky so I just wanted to clarify this. I thought the rust was normal for a car that's 30+ years old. In the video, you can see it cold starting (after sitting for 1 - 2 weeks) and making it ~halfway down the block before I no longer felt comfortable filming/shifting/driving. If anyone would like to request any pics or other vids, let me know. I could probably throw some more up as I'm checking my new favorite forum CRX Community daily.
LincolnDog1985

Postby LincolnDog1985 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:39 pm

***Big Update - Price Drop***

Hey Pals,

I'm moving out of my current CRX-garage-nestling house into a smaller residence. This car will need to be gone by 8/15. As to sell this car quickly, I will be dropping the price $1,000 to $2,500 (or best offer).

So far all of the local offers have been spam or flakes & I'd ideally like this car to go to someone who values it more than I did & can take care of it.

It runs, drives, & will take ya home on the most epic road trip home of 2020. 8)

So call/text @ 402-560-0836 anytime & let's have a serious conversation about your new car.
LincolnDog1985

Re: SOLD | 1989 HF MT - $2,500 (obo) - Lincoln, NE

Postby LincolnDog1985 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:08 pm

FINAL UPDATE

Thank you for all the interest -- or should I say, lack of interest. I jest, of course. Shoutout to my only friend, Baker, for giving constructive feedback & sending me those pics via PM. :wink: Another shoutout to my new friendly acquaintance, Lufti, who requested access to my Google Drive folder that contained the pics/vids.

In the end, I sold the car locally via Facebook© Marketplace™ for $2,000. Could this have been your car? No, because I sold it to the first person I met after having this listing for ~44 days. This update only serves to remind you all of the many opportunities we miss out on because we either heard about them too late or didn't take the shot.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky
LincolnDog1985

Return to Cars - For Sale or Trade (FS or FT)