Honda CRX Forum banner

The Chat Room

19K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  daveb91 
#1 ·
Its broken, Can we get it fixed? what happed to it?

#53 ·
Last time I talked to Tom, hes been very busy and hasn't had time to work on it...sorry,but for now we just have to deal with it.

#54 ·
ollie said:
Last time I talked to Tom, hes been very busy and hasn't had time to work on it...sorry,but for now we just have to deal with it.
:( I miss the chat!

#56 ·
daveb91 said:
ollie said:
Or translated as of right now we are at the mercy of admin who do not have full control of the site and one who does but is not involved....
I feel that way too, but tried not to stir the pot.

#57 ·
daveb91 said:
ollie said:
Or translated as of right now we are at the mercy of admin who do not have full control of the site and one who does but is not involved....
What would you have me do? It's not my fault that Tom chose to keep server access close to the chest. Even if I did have root file access, it wouldn't help because it's the host company that elected to disable the chat to free up server resources. I can't get Tom to answer emails or PMs, I can't text him from Iraq either. I have precious limited phone time and the 8 time zones in between us make phone calls pointless anyway. When it's afternoon or evening in the states I'm already asleep. I've caught Tom on Facebook exactly twice so far this year. In the meantime I do everything I can for this site with no expectation of compensation or recognition, but I guess it's not enough.

#59 ·
jfrolang said:
daveb91 said:
ollie said:
What would you have me do? It's not my fault that Tom chose to keep server access close to the chest. Even if I did have root file access, it wouldn't help because it's the host company that elected to disable the chat to free up server resources. I can't get Tom to answer emails or PMs, I can't text him from Iraq either. I have precious limited phone time and the 8 time zones in between us make phone calls pointless anyway. When it's afternoon or evening in the states I'm already asleep. I've caught Tom on Facebook exactly twice so far this year. In the meantime I do everything I can for this site with no expectation of compensation or recognition, but I guess it's not enough.
Feel better? Everyone knows your doing the best you can! Dont take things so literal and personal. People just need to be patient. Maybe people just need to be reminded of whats going on in the background of the site, to better understand why these things are the way they are. its all about communication and perspective. Again thanks for what you do Jfro!!!

#61 ·
THATREDCRX said:
I dont understand that much about this topic and will try to stay out.

All I understand from what I read is the Keymaster is in Iraq and the Gatekeeper is in the USA?
Or is it the other way around?
lol, Something like that.

#63 ·
I hope to have chat back up today, at least temporarily. I've updated the code and I'm trying to convince the host to turn it back on. Of course if it starts hogging server resources again, it will be shut down again, until I can get this site moved to a new server (which is a major...let me stress MAJOR...undertaking).

#71 ·
Good God Dave...does anything make you happy or do you just enjoy complaining? :rolleyes1: ...I swear your like a hormonal post partum female sometimes... :yell
Enjoy chat and stop being such a debbie downer..

#73 ·
Haha...touche'....just noticed that..I gotta admit I just noted Danni's comment date and went with it..You do have to admit that you tend to complain a bit though.. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.