Honda CRX Forum banner

Midious 91 CRX/// BOOM goes the b16

18K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  midious 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Long time board lurker first time poster :p.

Ive owned my crx for about 3 years now, she has a little over 595,000 miles on the clock and has been a blast to own and drive.

Has a b16a, skunk 2 megapower/noise exhaust and some other odds and ends, I know you all love pics here so Ill just get to those

The car when I bought it

Had the usual rust spots but not too bad, the clearwas starting to flake off and peel as well

Sooooooooo over the winter I decided to get her fixed up and have some fresh paint put on

My first look atthe finished product

Had to drive it without a windshield to the shop to have glass put in, was very fun :rofl:

See less See more
#5 ·
A few more pictures of the finished paint work and some interior shots

Seats

And the interior, little dirty but not horrible

And now for the goodies and new toys
YS1 Trans

Differential for trans <3

Have a new thermal exhaust comming in as well to getrid of that noise cannon I have now, ill post some videos of it later time for :zzz: Nice to meet you all :)

#9 ·
Who likes an overly loud exhaust?

Was out with my gf riding around and she wanted to take some videos with her new ipod. What better to take a video of then a loud exhaust :p

A little fly by

It wasnt really that bad till I broke the resinator :p
New thermal exhaust in a few weeks and hopefully Ill have the cash to finish everything else, Ill keep you guys updated

Thank you all for the warm welcome as well

#10 ·
Thermal R&D exhaust :)b I have one and love it. I like where this build is headed, only thing I would suggest is to put the H emblem on the hood since it looks empty without it, and I would lower it a tad more. :)b

#14 ·
89crxk20 said:
I think if you took a nice microfiber cloth to that bay, it wouldn't look too shabby! :p
I didnt have my microfiber cloths with me but I did have my compound removing toothbrush and some degreaser :)

Am I the only person who finds cleaning thier car relaxing? Great way to unwind before I go home

#16 ·
grafhik said:
midious said:
Am I the only person who finds cleaning thier car relaxing? Great way to unwind before I go home
Naw man, i'm with you! :)b
Same! I'm actually trying to set a crx carwash day here in van maybe in 2 weeks. I like having a clean car. :D

#22 ·
So I was driving to work this morning horsing around with a co worker when I started to get a misfire, check engine light came on. I had no idea a b16 with a misfire sounded like a boxer engine :biggrin:

So I pulled the plugs and inspected, wires, cap and rotor all looked ok, found one of my injector harness connectors was missing the clip

So just like I used to on my 300zx I made one out of a paper clip

ECM also had a code for the o2 sensors so I replaced both of them as well while I was there

And im actually getting about 35mpg now up from about 29mpg

#25 ·
midious said:
1drivinmofo said:
the crx is looking good :)b ..... reminds me of mine...
Carbon copies!!!
Yup the only difference is He has ROTA SLIPS and you have GSR fat 5's! Nice rex man. Good job with the restoration! Welcome to the community! :)b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.