Honda CRX Forum banner

Quick Forum Ethics Question

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  REP DA REX 
#1 ·
Is it better to BUMP an old thread about a certain topic you have a question for or make a new thread about it?

For example: I have a question about some wheels (rota slips for instance). There is already a thread about them but it's over a year old. Is it better to ask the question in that old thread or just start a new one with my question?

Because:
I know if I created a new thread with my question, some people might say: "That's why there is a search box, use it!"
or If I bump the old thread some people would say: "Really? Thanks for bumping a year old thread.."

Just a quick question I am itching to get answered.

#8 ·
grafhik said:
Because:
I know if I created a new thread with my question, some people might say: "That's why there is a search box, use it!"
or If I bump the old thread some people would say: "Really? Thanks for bumping a year old thread.."

Just a quick question I am itching to get answered.
use your own judgement.

if you write a new question, and its an often asked question, you will typically get the "search dumbass" response, because you deserve it.

if your "new" question in an old thread is not really related to the subject of the title and the WHOLE discussion, then you should have have just started your own thread. its a good idea to reference an old thread, saying i didnt get my answer reading this link...

its annoying when people bump old threads, to respond to someone with some nonsensical, unhelpful, unrelated crap. it happens on HT all the time because of their strong google search relationship and easy registration. you get ppl just searching for answers and feel like replying and dont know/ dont care how old the thread is or even reading it.

#9 ·
It would be cool to have a rims faq page, that is also edited to show pictures of rims that go really well with a crx. Sort of like a display shelf where you can check out rims to choose for your ride and it has certain information pertaining to the rims alongside the picture. Also it should not be a comment thread just pics and info. Just a thought. :)b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.